Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP][PF1E][TUES 5-9PM EST][Free] Looking for 1-2 committed roleplayers for story driven Hell's Rebels campaign.

Hello everyone!  As per the post title, we are looking for one or two dedicated role-players who are looking to join us for our Hell's Rebels AP.  We are currently in the early parts of Book Two (party is level 5) so this is a campaign that is in progress.  Our characters' approach to rebellion involves a great deal of intrigue, complicated plans, and -mostly- avoiding fights.  As players, we take things incredibly slowly and really delve deeply into interactions between PCs and NPCs, including specially created side stories for each PC based on the characters' backgrounds.  To give you an idea of how slowly we take things, we started this campaign in December 2019 and are still only level 5.  =) The subject matter we deal with in the game can be heavy a lot of the time as we deal with the realities of a tyrannical diabolic government enforcing martial law on a city with drastically different culture from the rest of the nation.  Public executions, heavy handed punishments, torture, and slavery are all things that have come up thus far in our game.  Certain PCs also are dealing with loss and the trauma of their past (TW: abuse/neglect by a parent).  Decisions have consequences and characters in the story often have to deal with the cost of their actions.  This all said, the game isn't all doom and gloom.  The bleak situation makes the moments of triumph all the sweeter.  Careful planning, bold action, and cunning have been rewarded with success.  Out of character, the group is fairly jovial and have our fair share of laughter each session. Most of the group are in our 30s, with one exception who is in her mid-20s.  The majority of us are very experienced tabletop players with a decade or more each of tabletop experience.  Our GM is absolutely fantastic at world building, character work, story weaving, and managing spotlight.  We are a top notch group of role-players who have a great deal of fun every week. The party's current make up includes a human heretic inquisitor of Milani who is a dedicated archer, a half-elf swashbuckler who is our front-liner, and a human?? shadow oracle who mostly is support and control when it comes to combat.  The group comes from vastly different backgrounds, one being the child of immigrants to the city who found success through skill that even nobles paid to learn, another a former alcoholic who has straightened up and is rebuilding her life and righting wrongs, and the last a quiet young woman who has experienced little normalcy or consistency in her life who takes responsibility very seriously. We are looking for players who are looking for a consistent group that will play every week (barring holidays and rare scheduling conflicts).  People with a desire to really bring their characters to life by weaving their story with others through collective story telling.  Though we are playing Pathfinder, we are a fairly mechanics light group (compared to your normal Pathfinder group anyways).  Players are encouraged to play true to their character's story rather than following any 'optimal' path--as stated previously, we are not a combat heavy group and deal with things through stealth, intrigue, and diplomacy a lot of the time.  Generally speaking, very little dice rolling occurs per session on average; we de-emphasize mechanics and try to resolve as many situations with role-play as we can.  Experience with Pathfinder is not necessary, however it would be helpful since Pathfinder can be daunting to learn.  What is vital is that you are able to create a detailed character who plays nicely with others and is committed, for one reason or another, to help end Chelaxian rule of the city of Kintargo.  Also, be prepared for the long haul; at our current pace, this campaign will likely take more than a year or maybe even two to complete even with weekly sessions. The player that we recently lost that necessitated this recruitment has left the game due to being ill-suited to the style of game that we are pursuing, but is still friends with everyone in the group.  Play hasn't been put on hold and will continue during the recruiting process.  I mention this because we are satisfied to continue as we are, but are opening ourselves up to accept similarly minded individuals into our midst.  We really want special people who are good fit for our group to join us but are not desperate for bodies. For those interested in joining us, please send us the following either here in this forum or via direct message to me: - Tell us about yourself.  Details such as your age, your role-play experience, preferred pronouns, and other things that you feel are relevant for us to know. - A brief synopsis of your favorite character and campaign.  Emphasize on what made this character and story your favorite.  Try to sell your emotional range, story telling, and inter-connectivity with your party. - What kind of story you hope to tell in our game, both for your own character and what direction you'd like to take the city of Kintargo.  Note:  This doesn't mean that you need to have a character concept prepared necessarily--it's fine to wait until after we speak to decide that.  This can be generalized if you prefer. We will take our time when it comes to considering applicants, so even if you come by this post late there's no harm in applying. I thank those of you that have read through my wall of text and look forward to hearing from you!
I’d love to join if our times lined up better. I’m PST and couldn’t start until 6pm PST
We can't adjust the time, unfortunately.
still got room?
We are still considering applicants, yes.
awesome. then to answer your questions - -I am a 28 year old disabled veteran, so i have nothing but time on my hands. i have been role playing for about 12 years and pathfinder was the game that popped my cherry so to speak. - my favorite campaign would be one of my first ones. I was playing a very charismatic monk that would try to talk enemies down before a fight, very rarely succeeding. One of the few times i did succeed i was when i somehow talked down a harpy, who then forced me to marry her. i was the unwilling recipient of the leadership feat. i did everything i could to distance myself from the harpy but could never get much time to myself. though my favorite part of that campaign were my companions and the silliness the dice foisted upon them. my friend was playing a class (dont remember which) that relied on him having a specific sword and specific armor, old trusty and old reliable he called them. many levels thru the campaign we were fighting a boss on the side of a cliff. he casts true strike and approaches the boss to do some big damage only to roll a nat 1, then (my party rolls a confirmation of fumbles to see if bad things happen) he rolls another nat 1 to confirm, thus throwing his only weapon off the side of the cliff. the evil bad guy looks at him with astonishment and when the player says "...im gonna go get that" the boss allows him to do so without complaint. the player jumped off the cliff after his weapon, nearly dying in the process and spent the entire fight climbing back up, only to reach the top the moment the final blow was struck. that was the best moment of my roleplaying career. i laughed way too hard that night. - i like stories of redemption or corruption with hints of romance thrown in every once in a while. i have written many lengthy backstories for myself and others, and can write to fit many themes.
Thank you for the interest!  I have passed your message along to the rest of the group and I'll be in contact soon.
sounds good
Since I've received a number of messages inquiring as to whether we're still looking for people, I'm going to add that we will continue to look at applications for the next several days.
Applications are still being accepted at this time.
Application sent!
Hi, interested in this but never played Pathfinder but I'm willing to learn as most of my experiences have been D&D5E.  im 32 -Favorite character that was never flushed out was a Rogue Gnome "Dirty Dollar" Dan who grew up poor and ended up joining a thieve's guild who was all about the heist.  his need to have things is just growing up poor and having a father who blamed life on being born an Underdark gnome.  Growing to like his guild and be the father figure of the sorts.  Another a Hobgoblin Warrior who was born in the times of war.  I do have a character in mind that i been wanting to play. -I like stories of execution, consequences, grittiness (even if it's not battle orientated), questions to how to obtain world peace, violence, redemption.
Hello Vato Cat.  Thank you for your interest in our game! Unfortunately, I think we may not be a good fit for each other, but I do wish you good fortune in your search for a proper group for you. Cheers!