Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Custom character sheet code issues

Hello, i have recently created a new game with new mechanics an i am having some trouble making the character sheet. I am not versed in coding so i am learning as i look at examples for roll20. Here are a few questions i have that i hope someone can help with: 1. I cannot get tabs to work. Ive used the example code in the css wizardry and it doesnt work. Ive tried other examples and i may be missing a key way of doing it. Any suggestions or examples that actually work would be great! 2. I am trying to make my ability scores equal a number of additional dice to be rolled. Example: roll 5d4 for attack. Your strength score is 2 so roll an additional 2d4. Alot of the code has /roll 1d20 + @(str_mod). How do I make that value actually a number if dice to roll. Any help is amazing. If more info for my questions is needed please let me know. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
1.&nbsp; Are you trying the tabs from the examples without any of your other sheet stuff added (just to eliminate the possibility that you have something conflicting after edits)?&nbsp; Are you using the legacy mode or not?&nbsp; Those are things I would try/check. As for 2.: /r 1d20+@{str_mod}d6 If you haven't looked at the macro articles on the wiki, you might want to do so.&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Macros</a>
Kraynic this is awesome. I think I solved my first question by starting over with a new character sheet code (fallout) that was already successfully using the code. I am just going to alter the data to fit my game. For question 2: thanks for the clarification. I have not looked at Macros yet. Ive just started this process with no coding experience so I am learning as i go. Thanks again!!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Eric H. said: I think I solved my first question by starting over with a new character sheet code (fallout) that was already successfully using the code. I am just going to alter the data to fit my game. For question 2: thanks for the clarification. I have not looked at Macros yet. Ive just started this process with no coding experience so I am learning as i go. Thanks again!! Yeah, gutting existing sheets is a good start to get things going, rather than starting from scratch.&nbsp; I hope you've been reading the Community wiki pages <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets</a>, and not the much more outdated and incomplete Help Center pages. It's possible the tab examples didn't work due to them being made for Legacy Sheet, while you likely defaulted using CSE format. There are warning regarding this on various places on the wiki.
Gutting existing sheets is definitely the way to go i agree. Thanks!
Sorry to keep this tab going but I need further assistance. After a few days of trying to figure it out, does Roll20 allow you to do tabs inside of tabs inside of tabs. My third levels of tabs will not show its content and I am getting frustrated trying multiple different techniques to try and make it work. If you would like to see my code please tell me how to post it here. I cant seem to figure that out either lol. The mastery tab opens the class tab perfectly. The class (Patrician) opens to sub class mastery trees champion and sentinel but when I click on those the content wont show up.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
nesting works, it's just get trickier the more levels of nesting you attempt, and more likely a mistake is made somewhere along the line.

Edited 1619553134
Ok so nested tabs....do you have an example? Nesting makes sense except i started coding 3 days ago lol so I have no idea what that looks like.