Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[UDL] Torch script for new Dynamic Lighting?

Hello all! I'm looking for either an updated version of The Aaron's Torch Script for the Updated Dynamic Lighting system, or a bit of help to make a simplified version of the script for myself. I've made a few simple scripts for myself in the past but it has been a while since I've needed to do so, therefore I'm a bit rusty. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer!
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Here's a similar post with some options that might help; Torch macro with new Dynamic Lighting Cheers
vÍnce said: Here's a similar post with some options that might help; Torch macro with new Dynamic Lighting Cheers Thank you! :D I'll look into the Token Mod script to see if I can gain any inspiration on how to write my own script strictly for the light functions. If I can't make any headway from that, I'll simply use the original script with the reportedly functional macros for the time being.
I was under the impression that the features were misbehaving in the api atm.  The last time I tried those they did not apply the lighting right or at all.  But it might have been during their worst cycle of bugs.  Does that work now?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I've updated Torch for UDL in my private branch, but UDL for API is honestly so broken right now that I can't really feel good about releasing it.  I should probably spend some more time working with it to see if I can get a work around figured out, but for now, using TokenMod is the more viable option.
The Aaron said: I've updated Torch for UDL in my private branch, but UDL for API is honestly so broken right now that I can't really feel good about releasing it.  I should probably spend some more time working with it to see if I can get a work around figured out, but for now, using TokenMod is the more viable option. I really liked how flicker overlapped with regular torch, will that be coming with the UDL version when we're all spoonfed the hot mess that is UDL on May 18th or does UDL make flicker unnecessary?  I believe you pulled it off by having invisible tokens mirror the tokens like Bump.  
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'll port the flicker, it will work the same way as with LDL.