Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Maps: Please include default page layouts on the Map Graphic

Edited 1619537168
Map Publishers:  Please include somewhere on your maps, the default page layout the maps were designed for (WxH and Grid Cell Distance assuming 70px grids).  I know you can eyeball it, but when you publish a map with 5 stacked levels, with each map being a different size (For Example, Library of Silence by Dungeon Baker), it would be a bit easier if I knew the intended dimensions when adding to a page.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Some put it in the title, which is really helpful. For the past year or so, Roll20 has required the dimensions to also be included on the upload. The assumption is that this will be used someday to automatically size a drop.
Munky
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
As Keith said, there is a required field to enter the size dimensions in when we upload a map or token, though I have no idea when that update will come out where the information we enter is implemented. Hopefully sooner than later, but most map creators put the size in the name of the file example: Floating_Island_30x30 . I know it is not ideal, but that's the best way for us to convey that information right now. I know I wouldn't want to buy a map and see the number "30x30" on the actual image itself.
Gold
Forum Champion
I agree, Will. It's a big deal, wanting to size the art to the Artist's original intent. As a workaround when necessary you can either download that Marketplace pack and Get-Info the item on your computer to get the pixel x pixel diminsions, or, drop it on your tabletop & Press SHIFT-Z (pops up the map) then Right-Click that popped-up image and Get-Info as to the original size of that graphics-file.  It'll be in pixels, of course Roll20 lets you resize images as either Pixels OR grid-units, do it with Pixels.
Gold said: I agree, Will. It's a big deal, wanting to size the art to the Artist's original intent. As a workaround when necessary you can either download that Marketplace pack and Get-Info the item on your computer to get the pixel x pixel diminsions, or, drop it on your tabletop & Press SHIFT-Z (pops up the map) then Right-Click that popped-up image and Get-Info as to the original size of that graphics-file.  It'll be in pixels, of course Roll20 lets you resize images as either Pixels OR grid-units, do it with Pixels. Gold - Thanks for the advice.  I'll give it a try.