Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Simple macro for my cleric to see the current Hp of party?

hi i was wondering if there was a simple macro i could set up for my cleric player in a 5E game that would show the other players current Hp compared to max, hp so the cleric can judge if anyone needs healing.  I realize it could lead to meta gaming but our group does not care. thanks in advance!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you don't mind them knowing hit points, you could just edit the token settings so that everyone can see whichever bar you use for health.  Then there would be no macro needed.
Shamelessly modified from here : Replace 'CLERICNAME' with the name of your player, and 'CHARACTER#NAME' with the names of each of your player's character's names: /w CLERICNAME &{template:npcaction} &{noerror) {{rname=Party}} {{name=Health}} {{description=@{CHARACTER1NAME|character_name} HP: **@{CHARACTER1NAME|hp}** ([[round((@{CHARACTER1NAME|hp} / @{CHARACTER1NAME|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{CHARACTER2NAME|character_name} HP: **@{CHARACTER2NAME|hp}** ([[round((@{CHARACTER2NAME|hp} / @{CHARACTER2NAME|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{CHARACTER3NAME|character_name} HP: **@{CHARACTER3NAME|hp}** ([[round((@{CHARACTER3NAME|hp} / @{CHARACTER3NAME|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{CHARACTER4NAME|character_name} HP: **@{CHARACTER4NAME|hp}** ([[round((@{CHARACTER4NAME|hp} / @{CHARACTER4NAME|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{CHARACTER5NAME|character_name} HP: **@{CHARACTER5NAME|hp}** ([[round((@{CHARACTER5NAME|hp} / @{CHARACTER5NAME|hp|max}) * 100)]]%)}} Single target: /w CLERICNAME &{template:npcaction} &{noerror) {{rname=@{target|target1|character_name}}} {{name=Health}} {{description=HP: **@{target|target1|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target1|hp} / @{target|target1|hp|max}) * 100)]]%)}} Or multiple targets: /w CLERICNAME &{template:npcaction} &{noerror) {{rname=Party}} {{name=Health}} {{description=@{target|target1|character_name} HP: **@{target|target1|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target1|hp} / @{target|target1|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{target|target2|character_name} HP: **@{target|target2|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target2|hp} / @{target|target2|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{target|target3|character_name} HP: **@{target|target3|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target3|hp} / @{target|target3|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{target|target4|character_name} HP: **@{target|target4|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target4|hp} / @{target|target4|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{target|target5|character_name} HP: **@{target|target5|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target5|hp} / @{target|target5|hp|max}) * 100)]]%)}}
And since you have a Pro subscription, the Aura/Tint Healthcolors script would likely do what you're looking for also.
I don't recommend the health auras api.  The more tokens with auras in your session the laggier the game gets and about 30 minutes into your game you all will be relaunching your browser constantly to shake the graphic lag memory leaks.  I love the concept of the api script, but the hardware/engine just can't handle that many auras.   If you want a macro for preserve life I have that, but I think otherwise if your players don't care about metagaming then just show them the bars, if you really don't care at all, show the bars AND the values.  
thanks i used the middle click option, as i dont need the others to see current life. I did notice he can see monsters current life if he wants though, so i will most likely go with the third option that Jarren posted. yall rock!
Hello, Kind of weird, but when I, as a GM post this macro : /w Shaendryna &{template:npcaction} &{noerror) {{rname=Groupe}} {{name=Santé}} {{description=@{Lahabrea|character_name} HP: **@{Lahabrea|hp}** ([[round((@{Lahabrea|hp} / @{Lahabrea|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{Irwaen|character_name} HP: **@{Irwaen|hp}** ([[round((@{Irwaen|hp} / @{Irwaen|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{Baltazar|character_name} HP: **@{Baltazar|hp}** ([[round((@{Baltazar|hp} / @{Baltazar|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{Tomasokah|character_name} HP: **@{Tomasokah|hp}** ([[round((@{Tomasokah|hp} / @{Tomasokah|hp|max}) * 100)]]%) @{Shaendryna|character_name} HP: **@{Shaendryna|hp}** ([[round((@{Shaendryna|hp} / @{Shaendryna|hp|max}) * 100)]]%)}} it works perfectly, but when y cleric (Shaendryna) posts it as token action it sends a whole bunch or error mesages such as no attribute was found etc... What's wrong ??? thx
Lionel V. said: it works perfectly, but when y cleric (Shaendryna) posts it as token action it sends a whole bunch or error mesages such as no attribute was found etc... You'll have to give Shaendryna 'Edit and Control' access to each character you want the player to be able to call their stats from a macro.   The other option is to use the target approach, which should work for any of the tokens. /w CLERICNAME &{template:npcaction} &{noerror) {{rname=@{target|target1|character_name}}} {{name=Health}} {{description=HP: **@{target|target1|hp}** ([[round((@{target|target1|hp} / @{target|target1|hp|max}) * 100)]]%)}}
So she will see all the tokens vision as well then. OK. So I guess I'll go for target or will launch it when she asks for it. 
If I could jump in to this conversation... How would one configure this awesome script to simply run the numbers of bar1 instead of HP? I tried substituting the two but to no avail. My NPCs have an attribute of "None" for the bar1 which controls hit points.
I was referring to the target approach...

Edited 1620668725
Barry S.  said: How would one configure this awesome script to simply run the numbers of bar1 instead of HP? I tried substituting the two but to no avail. My NPCs have an attribute of "None" for the bar1 which controls hit points. Just replace each 'hp' with 'bar1': /w CLERICNAME &{template:npcaction} &{noerror) {{rname=@{target|target1|character_name}}} {{name=Health}} {{description=HP: **@{target|target1|bar1}** ([[round((@{target|target1|bar1} / @{target|target1|bar1|max}) * 100)]]%)}} Forewarning - because it is using a 'target' call, your player will be able to use this to target any  token on the screen, including NPCs/Monsters/etc.