Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Referencing the advantage toggle in a custom roll

Edited 1619707225
Hi, I'm looking for a way to have my macro automatically roll once or twice and highlight the result depending on the status of the advantage toggle. I'm building the macro based on a skill check, and changing it to reflect the effects of Silver Tongue: treat a 9 or lower as a 10 on deception and persuasion checks. Normal deception skill roll is: @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{deception-u}}} {{mod=@{deception_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+3[Proficiency]+7[Mods]@{pbd_safe}]]}} @{advantagetoggle}+3[Proficiency]+7[Mods]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_skill_mod}}} @{charname_output} So I can see that it is using the advantage toggle somehow, but the syntax doesn't make sense to me, and changing how the d20 is rolled in r1 doesn't affect the second roll. How do I take advantage (pun intended) of the existing @{advantagetoggle} reference? Thanks
If you're using the 5e by Roll20 sheet @{advantagetoggle} is merely a setting for whether the toggle option is available on the sheet or not. What you want is @{rtype}. 
ah I see, this is pretty helpful but doesn't quite complete my solution. Is there a way of using @{rtype} that allows for custom rolls and not just a d20?

Edited 1619763583
I figured this out eventually though it seems a bit hacky... I multiplied the second roll by 0 and then made my own custom roll (with the intention of having the effect of the silver tongue feature of the eloquence bard) &{template:simple} {{rname=^{deception-u}}} {{mod=@{deception_bonus}}} {{r1=[[{d20,0d20+10}k1+@{deception_bonus}[Deception Bonus]@{pbd_safe}]]}} @{rtype}*0+{d20,0d20+10}k1+@{deception_bonus}[Deception Bonus]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_skill_mod}}} @{charname_output} but I want to thank you Koda because your answer was instrumental in this solution!