Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Showing Name Plates to Players

I am having trouble showing nameplates to my players. It isn't showing up. I know that on the old settings it was under advanced settings, but I can't figure it out now. 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
The current UI isn't clear on this at all.  The main visible checkbox for nameplates is for GM visibility.  Right above that is a round button with 3 dots in it.  Hover over that and you will get the menu with the checkbox to allow players to see the nameplates.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
About a week ago, the team said this interface was due for revisiting. Let's hope they come up with a better solution. I see it come up at least once a week.
Gold
Forum Champion
3 places to checkmark in the Token Settings: Show Name Plate (next ot the name) Under the (...) checkmark See and Edit. It's very easy to forget/overlook that (...) pop-up GUI. As others have said, we hope that Roll20 Team will address improving that interface for accessibility and obviousness.