Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Assign a action token

Edited 1619730210
Hi I am not sure if this is possible (or even makes sense). I am created a solo board game with cards. One the turn orders there  is a die which I move the card in a direction based on the die. With many counters it can be a bit tricky to track which one I move. Is it possible (and I use a macro to roll the die) that it assigns a color marker on the card when I roll the die? Then at the end of the turn I remove those markers. Another idea is to automatically turn upside down the card when I roll the die
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This sounds possible to do with APIs, but would probably involve having to create an api to do this, or using several meta APIs to construct something that would do this. I know TokenMod can be used to move tokens/objects on the map a certain number of steps, but dunno how  far it can go with this, or how it might interact with cards.
Api's for cards is sorely lacking in our one click library :(
True - but in thinking about it the quick fix is to just turn the card vertically / upside down which I can tell that the card took its action. If there is an api macro that I could assign to that action instead of right clicking and doing that would be great. Here is another question with cards. My players on another board game that I am replicating to ROll20 the players will need to sort their cards... basically one card represents a faction and the other cards that they have drawn they need to assign to their various factions Is that possible with an API or how can they assign cards?  I havent played that much with cards but trying that now
The card deck features are sorely lacking in many functions. There is a suggestion in the suggestion forum you can vote on if you wish. Since you are Pro user, you can use Tokenmod to rotate a card that is played to the VTT . You can also use the script to move them to certain locations (like a stack), shift them around on the tabletop, add/remove token status markers. Or the status markers could be used to indicate a card is played. You just select the card and run a macro. You just can't flip the card so the other side of the card is showing once it is played, afaik. So, you could have a certain pile on the tabletop for the faction cards and other spots on the table for other stacks - like you would in a non-virtual table. Think of the table top as a grid and card placement goes to a cell on the grid. The only caveat is that for the player to see the cards they would need to be face up where everyone else could see them. If you don't want everyone else to see them I would divide up the table in sectors - one for each player and separate them with Dynamic lighting, giving the player vision in that sector with a token assigned only to that player.
Thanks! That worked like a charn! Last question... I have a bunch of cards on the map - is there an impromptu script that I can shuffle them?