Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Door Knocked cracking the code for safe cracking and lock picking.

Edited 1619777448
I love Door Knocker. I currently use it as part of my open locks, etc, macros. The problem is that it doesn't actually let the players open locked doors. Instead it lets them roll for a result in powercards that pops up a button that lets me as the GM (Castle Keeper) know they succeeded and let's me toggle the door open for them. I've looked at many options and tried many an idea to get past the GM only restriction for open it and closing locked doors built into Door Knocker. My original was to change the door color. Then I've researched other DL scripts. I'm the end, I think the best plan may be to hack the script. I think if I removed the one click install version of Door Knocked from my API installs and grabbed the raw code from github and remove the isgm requirement from key and the install the API manually then players should be able to use the key options from door knocker and not just GMs. Having the key options only pop up when open locks skill is successful would help control it's abuse. To that end I was hoping one of you sorcerers or mad scientists could tell me if removing the following lines of code (764, 765, 766) from Door Knocker would let players open locked doors? if(!playerIsGM(playerid) return; }
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That looks like only part of a larger function. You've got a closing curly brace, but no opening one.
Ahh that explains the falure lol (Partly!)
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Yep, you should just be able to remove that if statement and the key command will work for anyone.
So far so good. Just need an actual player to test it! (I tested it as a GM and a player, but still want confirmation from a player only).
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Did you try using a  Dummy Account ? That would be identical to the player experience.