Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

power card not working for players?

Edited 1619901329
hello all, i started dming about 4 months ago and started using api's about two months ago and have been messing and loving power cards.   i have a bunch written up most based on this template, also any idea how to hide the ac being attacked so it doesn't show when macro is fired off? perhaps have it say target ac as apposed to the target token ac number after it promps you to select a target and level and advantage or not the macro does nothing and the select a target box doesn't leave as if the player isn't able to target other tokens !power {{  --emote|@{selected|token_name} shoots a bolt of light at @{target|token_name}  --name|Guiding Bolt  --leftsub|120 ft ranged spell  --rightsub|Level ?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}  --attack| [[ [$atk] ?{attack|standard,1d20|advantage,2d20kh1|disadvantage,2d20hl1}+6 ]] vs @{target|AC}  --?? $atk >= @{target|AC} and $atk.base <> 20 ?? damage:| [[ [$dmg] (?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9})d6 ]]  --?? $atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit|[[ [$critdmg] (2*(?{Spell Level|1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9}))d6 ]]  --?? $atk < @{target|AC} ??You Miss| [[ 1t[taunts] ]]  --soundfx|_audio,play,nomenu|laser  --vfx_opt|@{selected|token_id} @{target|token_id} Beam-Holy  --?? $atk >= @{target|AC} ?? advantage|next attack has advantage  --?? $atk >= @{target|AC} ?? api_token-mod|_ids @{target|token_id} _ignore-selected _set statusmarkers|archery-target  --?? $atk >= @{target|AC} ?? api_act|-1 1 _advantage  --?? $atk >= @{target|AC} and $atk.base <> 20 ?? alterbar1|_target|@{target|token_id} _bar|1 _amount|-[^dmg] _show|all  --?? $atk.base == 20 ?? alterbar2|_target|@{target|token_id} _bar|1 _amount|-[^critdmg] _show|all }} when i use the macro as the gm it works perfectly but when a player tryed to use it it soesn't fire off,     is there something to do with the target token?  perhaps the players can't target them properly like a gm can ?  any idea as to why they aren't working for players would be awsome
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
when i use the macro as the gm it works perfectly but when a player tryed to use it it soesn't fire off,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;is there something to do with the target token? I suspect it could be that players cant properly target tokens they don't&nbsp; have control over. So if a player who controls two tokens, let's say their player character + an animal companion, the targetting would work bc they control both. Try set up some permissions ofr yourself, and try "Rejoin as a Player" from the My Settings tab to see if my suspicion is correct. The wiki doesn't say anything about this, so I could be wrong: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/PowerCards" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/PowerCards</a>
Kurt J.
Pro
API Scripter
Andreas J. said: when i use the macro as the gm it works perfectly but when a player tryed to use it it soesn't fire off,&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;is there something to do with the target token? I suspect it could be that players cant properly target tokens they don't&nbsp; have control over. So if a player who controls two tokens, let's say their player character + an animal companion, the targetting would work bc they control both. Try set up some permissions ofr yourself, and try "Rejoin as a Player" from the My Settings tab to see if my suspicion is correct. The wiki doesn't say anything about this, so I could be wrong: <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/PowerCards" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/PowerCards</a> Players are able to target tokens they do not control, but I notice the macro is using Token Mod. there is a setting in Token mod called something like "Players Can Use IDs" that needs to be turned on before tokenmod will work for non-gms.
yes i have the token mod set properly that is not the problem&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; but thank you for the thought i did double check it to make sure
the macro allows players to choose their targets choose what level spell is being cast and if it's got advantage or not then that's when it fails nothing comes up in the chat window or happens to the tokens?
&nbsp;--?? $atk &lt; @{target|AC} ??You Miss| [[ 1t[taunts] ]] Should be &nbsp;--?? $atk &lt; @{target|AC} ?? You Miss| [[ 1t[taunts] ]]
i also have this card written for another charicter and it is having the same problem it simply doesn't fire off for some reason i don't even get an error message in the chat window here's the other one without the space&nbsp; !power {{ &nbsp;--emote|@{selected|token_name} fires an arrow at @{target|token_name} &nbsp;--name|crossbow + 1&nbsp; &nbsp;--leftsub|ranged &nbsp;--rightsub|100 ft &nbsp;--attack| [[ [$atk] ?{attack|standard,1d20|advantage,2d20kh1|disadvantage,2d20kl1} + 6 ]] vs @{target|AC} &nbsp;--?? $atk &gt;= @{target|AC} and $atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? damage:| [[ [$dmg] 1d10 + 3 ]] pearcing &nbsp;--?? $atk.base == 20 ?? Critical Hit|[[ [$critdmg] 2d10 + 3 ]] &nbsp;--?? $atk &lt; @{target|AC} ??Miss| [[ 1t[taunts] ]] &nbsp;--soundfx|_audio_play_nomenu|arrow &nbsp;--vfx_opt|@{target|token_id} Burst-Blood &nbsp;--?? $atk &gt;= @{target|AC} and $atk.base &lt;&gt; 20 ?? alterbar1|_target|@{target|token_id} _bar|1 _amount|-[^dmg] _show|all &nbsp;--?? $atk.base == 20 ?? alterbar2|_target|@{target|token_id} _bar|1 _amount|-[^critdmg] _show|all }}
Aren't fx supposed to be lower case? burst-blood instead of Burst-Blood
apparent'y they are however with that with or without caps i can only get burs fire to work no matter what the macro says