Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Need assistance with Formating a query macro

I'm currently working on setting up Roll Queries for one of my PC's. He's an Alchemist, PF2e. I've got the macro down alright, but it just comes out super ugly in chat. Any advice on how to make it more visually appeasing? ' &{template:default} {{name=Dread Ampoule}} {{ ?{What Kind| Lesser, **It deals [[1d6]] mental damage and [[1]] Mental splash damage.** | Moderate, **You gain a +1 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[2d6]] Mental damage and [[2]] Mental splash damage.**| Greater, **You gain a +2 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[3d6]] Mental damage and [[3]] Mental splash damage.**|Major, **You gain a +3 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[4d6]] Mental damage and [[4]] Mental splash damage.**}}} {{description= This flask is filled with a murky purple gas that briefly interferes with normal brain activity. A dread ampoule deals the listed mental damage and mental splash damage. On a hit the target becomes frightened 1 or frightened 2 on a critical hit. Many types also grant an item bonus to attack rolls.}}

Edited 1619915969
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Are you using a sheet for PF2e?  You might consider using the sheet's roll template vs roll20's default.  If you just want to compact the default a little, this might work; &{template:default} {{name=Dread Ampoule}} {{?{What Kind| Lesser, **It deals [[1d6]] mental damage and [[1]] Mental splash damage.** | Moderate, **You gain a +1 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[2d6]] Mental damage and [[2]] Mental splash damage.**| Greater, **You gain a +2 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[3d6]] Mental damage and [[3]] Mental splash damage.**|Major, **You gain a +3 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[4d6]] Mental damage and [[4]] Mental splash damage.**}}} {{Description: This flask is filled with a murky purple gas that briefly interferes with normal brain activity. A dread ampoule deals the listed mental damage and mental splash damage. On a hit the target becomes frightened 1 or frightened 2 on a critical hit. Many types also grant an item bonus to attack rolls.}}
Thanks for that. I had tried using the PF2 template but for some reason I would work. I'll attempt to remake it and post it here

Edited 1620109606
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
ddoommeenniicc said: Thanks for that. I had tried using the PF2 template but for some reason I would work. I'll attempt to remake it and post it here I'm not familar with the PF2e templates... but Try this; @{selected|whispertype} &{template:rolls} {{limit_height=@{selected|roll_limit_height}}} {{charactername=@{selected|character_name}}} {{header=Dread Ampoule}} }} {{desc=?{What Kind| Lesser, **Lesser: It deals [[1d6]] mental damage and [[1]] Mental splash damage.** | Moderate, **Moderate: You gain a +1 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[2d6]] Mental damage and [[2]] Mental splash damage.**| Greater, **Greater: You gain a +2 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[3d6]] Mental damage and [[3]] Mental splash damage.**| Major, **Major: You gain a +3 item bonus to attack rolls. The bomb deals [[4d6]] Mental damage and [[4]] Mental splash damage.**} This flask is filled with a murky purple gas that briefly interferes with normal brain activity. A dread ampoule deals the listed mental damage and mental splash damage. On a hit the target becomes frightened 1 or frightened 2 on a critical hit. Many types also grant an item bonus to attack rolls.}}