Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Can rolls from my sheet access stat mods from other character sheets?

The artificer of my campaign routinely hands out Experimental Elixirs of Healing which are "2d4 + their Int mod" worth of healing. Is there any code that can be added to a macro for this value that pulls the Int mod from their sheet for a roll done from my sheet? I know I could just add the value directly but I'm trying for something that will take into account any future changes to their Int mod so I don't have to keep adjusting the Int mod value manually.  I've tried setting up the roll value as "2d4 + [@{Artificer**|intelligence_mod}]" but while the roll appears to show the correct mod value in the chat [i.e. "Rolling 2d4 + [2]] it's not being added to the final roll, which just appears as the two d4 rolls [i.e (1+4)]. ** -"Artificer" here is the character's name as it appears on their character sheet
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Can you post the full macro?

Edited 1619925329
@{Sloan|wtype}&{template:atkdmg} {{mod=-}} {{rname=Experimental Healing Elixir}} {{r1=[[0d20cs>20]]}} {{r2=[[0d20cs>20]]}} 0 {{range=}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=[[2d4 + [@{Xykas|intelligence_mod}]]]}} {{dmg1type=Healing}} 0 {{dmg2=[[0]]}} {{dmg2type=}} {{crit1=[[2d4 + [@{Xykas|intelligence_mod}][CRIT]]]}} {{crit2=[[0[CRIT]]]}} 0 {{desc=}}   {{spelllevel=}} {{innate=}} {{globalattack=@{Sloan|global_attack_mod}}} {{globaldamage=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagecrit=[[0]]}} {{globaldamagetype=@{Sloan|global_damage_mod_type}}} ammo= @{Sloan|charname_output} My character is "Sloan," the artificer is "Xykas." It's showing the correct mod value but it doesn't appear to be added to the final result. 

Edited 1619927086
Diana P
Pro
Sheet Author
Working off what you have shown us, single square brackets in a roll are generally used for labels.  Perhaps try using parentheses or double square brackets: [[2d4+(@{Name|int-mod})]] or [[2d4+[[@{Name|int-mod}]][Name's int] ]] ? edit:  so now having seen your answer:  [[2d4+@{Xykas|intelligence_mod}]]  should work.

Edited 1619965664
edit:  so now having seen your answer:  [[2d4+@{Xykas|intelligence_mod}]]  should work. That works! Thank you very much!!