Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Am I doing something wrong?

This is what a person without darkvision sees in a dark area with a light source shedding 20ft of bright and 20ft of dim light: This is what a person with darkvision sees in a dark area with a light source shedding 20ft of bright and 20ft of dim light: Am I doing something wrong? Because this has been an issue for months in UDL and surely with something this game-breaking they'd of fixed it fast and at the very least wouldn't release it in this state... I mean seriously so many races have darkvision that more than half the players in a game can't see if that's not game-breaking idk what is lol Also players with darkvision make it so the grid disappears for the DM wherever the players with darkvision can see that area.

Edited 1619925957
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
No idea.  I use explorer mode and field of vision in one of my games.  These screenshots were taken from the perspective of the same token both times..  The first is with nightvision enabled (the normal state for that token), and you can see some of the explorable. I just use on of the light/medium shades of grey for the nightvision effect, so it isn't very strong.  The second is with nightvision disabled. There are 5 light sources visible in those shots, which are all shedding 5' bright and 10' dim light, with 2 others that are projecting the edge of their light into the scene. You might want to mess around with some of the settings.  What nightvision effect are you using, if any?  Does changing that affect anything?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, when that happens, try reloading the window. I have seen that glitch at least once.
I have that bug coming up quite often, and the only way I've been able to cancel this effect was to remove the player and put it back on map...  Annoying enough but even if I don't know why it works, it does...