Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sandbox Crash Bug from Power Cards

I'm running a game for 6 with Dragon of Icespire Peak. I've got several APIs installed, and for the most part it all works very smoothly. We've ironed out all of the little quirks for almost everyone. However, one player can make the entire sandbox crash every single time he attempts to use a PowerCard macro. And I mean every time, and as soon as he does it. I started keeping the sandbox page open on a second screen to keep track of crashes when everyone was having stability issues a month or so ago and have kept it up since those got fixed out of habit. So I can hear him clicking through discord and as soon as he clicks the final time for an attack, I'll watch the sandbox crash and the rest error text appear. If I make an attack using Powercards for him, it works just fine. I don't know if it's connected, but he is also completely unable to run the charactermancer. Options simply won't load for him, or only partial lists will appear in drop down menus. He's not alone in that, as two other players have the same issue. They've tried running in incognito in Chrome, but nothing works. I can level them with no problems however, so we just screen share over discord to work around it. Anyone have any clue?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What browser are they using?  Also, I'd be interested in what locale they have set.  My guess would be they are non-us and something they are typing is resulting in unicode characters that the API does not expect, which is causing the crash.  What is the error that happens when they issue the command?  If they create an ability with the API command in it, does it crash the sandbox when you run it?
They're using Chrome. I have no clue what locale they have set, but they're in Indiana. They aren't typing anything, they're just using the PC-Attack macro that is automatically created. I went back in the chat log and found the error from last night on his one attempt. PowerCards: "Could not determine result type of: [{\"type\":\"L\",\"text\":\"$GDmg\"},{\"type\":\"M\",\"expr\":2},{\"type\":\"L\",\"text\":\"Rage Damage\"}]"
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What are the contents of the PC-Attack macro? Indiana is where I live (Indianapolis)!  =D
!power {{  --replacepcattack|@{selected|character_id}|?{Select attack to use|@{selected|attacklist}}  --replacement|Advantage  --replaceattrs|S-|@{selected|character_id}|@{selected|token_id} --replaceattrs|T-|@{target|character_id}|@{target|token_id} --soundfx|_audio,play,nomenu|~ATTACKSOUND$ --vfx_opt|~ATTACKVFX$     --template|Basics|@{selected|token_id};@{target|token_id};uses ~PCA-NAME$;~PCA-NAME$;~PCA-ATYPE$;~PCA-RANGE$;@{selected|whispertoggle} --template|PCAttack|~@{selected|rtype}$;@{selected|whispertoggle};@{selected|global_attack_mod};@{selected|global_damage_mod_roll};@{selected|global_damage_mod_type};@{selected|global_damage_mod_crit} }} I live about 45 minutes north of Indy off of 421.
Aaron, not sure if this is what you wanted, or why I didn't think to grab it. This is the error that is getting spit out in the API Sandbox. "Error: No attribute or sheet field found for character_id -M_2SXOXHSy5MttTyqHl named 0*" ["soundfx|_audio,play,nomenu|","vfx_opt|","tokenid|-MakalNNLhTkjb1CY9ZW","target_list|-Makam8cG8Qitnf88xBm","emote|Aegean uses Battleaxe (Two-Handed) against Bebrog","format|Aegean","name|Battleaxe (Two-Handed)","leftsub|Attack","Attack *2|[[ [$Atk] 2d20kh1 + 5 [Attack Bonus] + 3 [Bless] ]] vs **AC** [[15]]","?? $Atk.base == 1 ?? Fumble|The attack went horribly wrong!","?? $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk.base <> 20 AND $Atk.total < 15 ?? Miss *1|Aegean missed.","?? $Atk.base <> 20 AND $Atk.total >= 15 ?? Hit|Aegean hits Bebrog Hulgrom for [[ [$Dmg] 1d10+3 ]] Slashing damage and [[ [$GDmg] 2[Rage Damage] ]] Rage damage","?? $Atk.base == 20 AND $Atk.total >= 15 ?? Critical Hit|Aegean hits Bebrog Hulgrom for [[ [$Dmg] 2d10+3 ]] Slashing damage and [[ [$GDmg] 0 ]] Rage damage"] Could not determine result type of: [{"type":"L","text":"$GDmg"},{"type":"M","expr":0}] undefined
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, sorry, I missed your reply to this.  I'll try it out later tonight and see what I can figure out. Cumberland for me. =D
I've finally figured out what is doing it. When the Rage bonus in the Global Damage Modifier field is selected it throws this error into chat: "Could not determine result type of: [{\"type\":\"L\",\"text\":\"$GDmg\"},{\"type\":\"M\",\"expr\":2},{\"type\":\"L\",\"text\":\"Rage Damage\"}]" Now what is really strange is that I've pulled a barbarian that a different player is using in a different game and it works just fine with the exact same setup. So I changed who controlled the broken token, just in case that was causing some random error, but it doesn't matter. Any new barbarian I make has the same issue. The barbarian that works is over about a year older than the broken token, so I'm not sure if roll20 has made an adjustment to character sheets that is doing this.