Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Repeating Section

Hey, So I would like to do a list of monsters in a GM part of a sheet. And for that i would like to have a button in the top that rolls for all the monsters. But im not sure how to make the button. Im guessing I need to do it via a sheetworker, but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
What do you need the button to do?
Its gonna roll a simple init for all the monsters. So take a value from that row and add a 1d6 roll to it
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Keep in mind that doing this will not add the initiative for all the monsters to the initiative tracker.
I know, we are running an API turn tracker. Because in the game we are running, only the GM can see everybodys initiative. And its a API we made ourself. So if it post to the chat, the API catches it, and adds it to the tracker.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
This documentation has the info on how to create a roll button:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets#Sheet_Rolls_and_Roll_Buttons" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Building_Character_Sheets#Sheet_Rolls_and_Roll_Buttons</a> Basically, you're going to have something like: &lt;button name="roll_monster_init" value="Monster Initiative: [[1d20+@{modifier}]]"&gt;&lt;/button&gt; The value doesn't have to be an inline roll, but it's basically whatever you want to send to the chat window. A sheet worker isn't necessarily needed, unless you need that value to be somewhat dynamic, but even then...you can probably get away without it for a simply initiative roll.