Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Customizable Roll Listener Questions

Nick O.
Forum Champion
I've been playing around with CRL and have a few questions: 1 - Using this example !crl \\create,name=Listener1,text=##,roll=critical \\Congratulations, you scored a critical I get the Congratulations message displayed correctly when a crit is rolled. However, on rolls when a crit does not occur, this message appears in the API Console."  > CRL ERROR ||| Ability: Listener1 was not parseable. You may want to remove/update this ability via the config menu." Is this expected? 2 - When specifying a template, e.g., !crl \\create,name=Listener2,template=atk atkdmg,text=##,roll=critical \\Crit 2 message The message appears when the crit is in the first roll, but not the second. Is there a way to address that?  3  - Does the text property key off of all the text in a given template? I tried  !crl \\create,name=Listener3,text=Fire,roll=critical \\Fire Crit! but the message did not display when I scored a critical hit with the Fire Bolt cantrip 4 - Is there a way to have CRL fire only when a specific character gets a given roll? e.g., only when Mumford the wizard gets a crit? Thanks!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Hey Nick! CRL is a script that's in my backlog of "needs some updates badly". That said, here's where things currently stand for your questions: Nick O. said: 1 - Using this example !crl \\create,name=Listener1,text=##,roll=critical \\Congratulations, you scored a critical I get the Congratulations message displayed correctly when a crit is rolled. However, on rolls when a crit does not occur, this message appears in the API Console."  > CRL ERROR ||| Ability: Listener1 was not parseable. You may want to remove/update this ability via the config menu." Is this expected? This is unfortunately one of those pieces that I need to fix. I've come a long way in my coding since I made CRL and there's whole swathes of the code that need a good refactor. 2 - When specifying a template, e.g., !crl \\create,name=Listener2,template=atk atkdmg,text=##,roll=critical \\Crit 2 message The message appears when the crit is in the first roll, but not the second. Is there a way to address that?  Hmm, not quite sure what's going on here. I'll have to dig into the code tonight and see. 3  - Does the text property key off of all the text in a given template? I tried  !crl \\create,name=Listener3,text=Fire,roll=critical \\Fire Crit! but the message did not display when I scored a critical hit with the Fire Bolt cantrip It's certainly supposed to key off of all the text in a message, but there's probably some logic I need to fix here 4 - Is there a way to have CRL fire only when a specific character gets a given roll? e.g., only when Mumford the wizard gets a crit? You'd do this the same way you restrict it to any other text. Something like: !crl \\create,name=Listener3,text={{charactername=Mumford,roll=critical \\Mumford's critical However, as you noticed previously, the text detections seems a little off at the moment. I'll take a look at the CRL code over the next few days and see what I can do. It'll make a nice change of pace from the behemoth that is my Page Navigator refactor.
Nick O.
Forum Champion
Thanks, Scott!