Curse of Strahd - An official D&amp;D hardcover campaign run by a pro DM! Thursday 7:00 PM PDT - Beginners Welcome! Curse of Strahd - An official D&amp;D hardcover campaign run by a pro DM! Thursday 7:00 PM PDT - Beginners Welcome! A retelling of the original Ravenloft module published by TSR in 1983, and renowned as one of the greatest Dungeons &amp; Dragons adventures ever... A story of Gothic horror... Under raging storm clouds, a lone figure stands silhouetted against the ancient walls of Castle Ravenloft. The vampire Count Strahd von Zarovich stares down a sheer cliff at the village below. A cold, bitter wind spins dead leaves about him, billowing his cape in the darkness. Lightning splits the clouds overhead, casting stark white light across him. Strahd turns to the sky, revealing the angular muscles of his face and hands. He has a look of power-and of madness. His once handsome face is contorted by a tragedy darker than the night itself. Rumbling thunder pounds the castle spires. The wind's howling increases as Strahd turns his gaze back to the village. Far below, yet not beyond his ken, a party of adventurers has just entered his domain. Strahd's face forms a twisted smile as his dark plan unfolds. He knew they were coming, and he knows why they have come-all according to his plan. He, the master of Ravenloft, will attend to them. Another lightning flash rips through the darkness, its thunder echoing through the castle's towers. But Strahd is gone. Only the howling of the wind-or perhaps a lone wolf-fills the midnight air. The master of Ravenloft is having guests for dinner. And you are invited... Game Details Campaign:&nbsp; Curse of Strahd (Forgotten Realms) Date:&nbsp; Weekly sessions every Thursday Time: 7:00 PM PDT / 10:00 PM EDT Place:&nbsp; Virtual tabletop on Roll20, voice chat on Discord Duration:&nbsp; Sessions last 3-4 hours Payment:&nbsp; $15 per player per session via PayPal Roll20's required payment disclaimer: "This game will require payment to the Game Master at a rate of $15 per session via PayPal. Roll20 is not responsible for any payment transactions and cannot enforce any private arrangements." Why Pay to Play? Practically everyone is clamoring to get into a free game online, but there aren't nearly enough experienced DMs to satisfy the demand. Most people endure disappointing experiences like this: After spending your valuable time laboriously filling out applications, you get rejected more often than not due to the scores of people applying to play each free game. When you do get accepted, players don't show up or are unprepared. Sometimes the DM doesn't show up or is unprepared. It's a frustrating grind to go through time after time, especially when all you want to do is relax and have fun playing. Here are some of the reasons why professionally-run paid games provide a superior experience: Charging a modest per-person fee virtually eliminates player no-shows. The small fee also ensures that everyone in the group is committed to the session. The maturity level is exponentially higher in paid games. People don't abandon the group and quit the campaign when something doesn't go their way. The gaming experience provided by a professional DM is eminently more enjoyable than what you get in a free game. Material costs associated with running a top-shelf game are covered. Roll20 charges fees for the token, map, and card collections associated with each module, while the actual hardcover books and DM Guild downloads must be purchased separately. The DM's Roll20 Pro membership ensures that players have access to all of the extras, including D&amp;D 5e Compendium integration, API scripts, and more. Custom-designed tokens for your characters are included. Extra help for beginners at no charge. An immersive experience that includes advanced role-play techniques, effects, and completely original game materials that aren't available anywhere else. About the Dungeon Master I've been running Dungeons and Dragons games for decades. I take my time customizing each adventure with story lines and subplots that aren't found in the officially published material. As a result, even people who have read the material or previously played or run it will enjoy a&nbsp; unique experience that isn't found anywhere else. My game preparation is unparalleled. I read and familiarize myself with every detail about a campaign before we even play the first session. Then I review key points before each subsequent session, all while interweaving character backstories into the written material. Wizard of the Coast's rule master Jeremy Crawford encourages people to play D&amp;D with RAF (Rules As Fun) in mind. So don't be surprised if we place RAF over RAW (Rules As Written). Creativity is always appreciated and rewarded. Role-playing is encouraged, but isn't required. Beginners are encouraged to apply, and will be welcomed into our gaming family with open arms. Job one for me as DM is to ensure that every single player at the table has a good time. I take that responsibility very seriously. So if you play through a campaign with me, it will be a fun experience that you will remember and cherish well after it's over. What's more, I don't do this alone. I'm proud to lead a team of dedicated and hard-working Game Masters (GM's) who help run the sessions. Players often have access to both myself and a GM for help with things like character creation, backstory development, and mechanical Q &amp; A. My team works together to provide a wonderful ongoing experience to every participating player. Character Creation Characters begin the adventure at Level 1 and play continues on a weekly basis until the book has been completed. If you have little or no experience playing D&amp;D online, don't worry. I can help you with your character creation prior to the first session upon request at no additional charge. I can also provide ongoing help as you progress. Request an Invite to Play If you'd like to request an invite to play, then simply send me a private message with the following information: Your name: Campaign name/day/time: Curse of Strahd, Thursday, 7:00 PM PDT / 10:00 PM EDT Your Discord ID and number: Briefly describe what you're looking for in a gaming experience: Your online D&amp;D experience: none / beginner / intermediate / expert Your overall D&amp;D experience: none / beginner / intermediate / expert Do you understand that the game costs $15 per player per session via PayPal? Provide a few details about your character such as name, class, race, and backstory. (It's OK if you haven't decided yet.) Note: If you get an error when trying to message me, then&nbsp; please&nbsp;post your application here&nbsp; in this thread. Don't forget to include your Discord name/number. (Remember, it's cAsE sEnSiTiVe.) <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/280158/curse-of-strahd-an-official-dandd-hardcover-campaign-run-by-a-pro-dm" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/280158/curse-of-strahd-an-official-dandd-hardcover-campaign-run-by-a-pro-dm</a>