Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

D&D 5th Edition by Roll20

Not yet. I’m hoping there is a solution in the sheet since the script was last updated years ago.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
IIRC, that script was always a nightmare to update. As both platforms evolve (neither one having incentive to support cross-platform, third party tools) they constantly change little things about the data structure. In fact, DnDB went so far as to hide their JSON which used to be very easy to get to. Ther have been threads dedicated to keeping the script up to date, but they usually wound up in frustration. If you really need cross platform integration, you could try the Beyond20 extension, but personally I feel like that's trying to type while wearing mittens.

Edited 1650079463
I will report this via the bug reporter, but it appears to be a content issue rather than a technical issue and the form felt geared toward the latter. In the 5e Charactermancer, the tool or instrument proficiency provided by the Monk class is missing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The form is not set up well to say "Compendium Mistakes", true.
I understand the issue with BeyondImporter script and I agree it has always been buggy. However, it is convenient when it works. A follow up question then. If the red delete button does not work when the list has been unlocked, is there any other way to delete the entry?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's a new one on me. Is it only one character, one item, or across the board? Are you using a supported browser, and does the problem continue in a private browsing window?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That sounds like an issue with the row IDs. If you right click on a problem entry, then click 'inspect' you should get a devtools element inspector. Up the tree a little should be a <div class="repitem"> entry: This also contains the row ID - are you able to check what it is? Also with devtools still open, there should be a tab called "console". If you change to that, then try to delete the row, do any logs pop up each time you click?

Edited 1650415171
keithcurtis said: That's a new one on me. Is it only one character, one item, or across the board? Are you using a supported browser, and does the problem continue in a private browsing window? It is for several characters, not all, and it only affects the first item in the list. The import creates several blank entries and I was able to delete the others except the first blank entry. I am using supported browsers (firefox, chrome) but I have not tested private browsing mode. I will check and provide update. Oosh said: That sounds like an issue with the row IDs. If you right click on a problem entry, then click 'inspect' you should get a devtools element inspector. Up the tree a little should be a <div class="repitem"> entry: This also contains the row ID - are you able to check what it is? Also with devtools still open, there should be a tab called "console". If you change to that, then try to delete the row, do any logs pop up each time you click? Interesting. I will check and provide update.
Using private browsing mode (both firefox and chrome) did not help. Using devtools, I found out that there is no id for the entry (see below image). There is also no additional logs in the console when attempting to delete the entry.
I have two rows of extraneous resource blocks on my character sheet (the bottom four boxes labeled "Other Resource") which refuse to be deleted.  The "unlock" button brings up the little red rubbish cans, but clicking on them does nothing.  I'm reluctant to regenerate the character sheet because I also remember that it was quite a chore trying to actually apply names to the resource boxes in the first place.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can't just enter the numbers in the last row into the third row? Hopefully that would allow you to delete the last row. Also, what difficulty arose when trying to put values in the other boxes? You should be able to just click and start typing.

Edited 1650724841
Try reordering them (the blank ones). I have been able to replicate the problem of not being able to delete with the trash can, but using the reordering handle made them disappear. For the resource boxes with no name, either clear out the numbers or give the boxes names so they appear in the Attributes tab. You should be able to find them in the attributes tab and delete from there. Edit: Also, check your inventory that you do not have a blank inventory item that has the 'Use as a Resource' checkbox checked. Normally, you can't add a blank item as a resource (the box unchecks itself) but your sheet might be corrupted. If none of that works, you might have to put in a Help Center Request.
When you Input a spell component, the whole input mask shifts to the left and some of it gets unreadable! It is NOT reset if you empty the components field. And tbh this Bug exists for a really long time by now and still is not fixed! WHY?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Components field causes shifting of spell block on Edit I can confirm the behavior in the post above with the components field. For some reason it has a css margin of 17px. If this is removed, the behavior doesn't quite go away, but it is completely usable. For those to whom this glitch is debilitating and don't wish to wait for a fix, you can overcome it with Stylus, using .spell-container .spell .options input[name=attr_spellcomp_materials] {     margin-left: 0px;     width: 221px; }
keithcurtis said: Components field causes shifting of spell block on Edit I can confirm the behavior in the post above with the components field. For some reason it has a css margin of 17px. If this is removed, the behavior doesn't quite go away, but it is completely usable. For those to whom this glitch is debilitating and don't wish to wait for a fix, you can overcome it with Stylus, using .spell-container .spell .options input[name=attr_spellcomp_materials] {     margin-left: 0px;     width: 221px; } Thx for this workaround, but I do not want to use another extension as this causes other bugs (especially Stylus)... I don't get why this bug is still not fixed?! It is known for at least 2 years (!!!) by now!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah, I don't recommend Stylus as a fix for the interface except in two instances: 1) It's not likely to ever change because of some Accessibility requirement I don't need. or 2) I need a fix now , in order to make things work right. FWIW, I don't think I've ever come across that display bug while playing. I don't mess with that field, I guess.
keithcurtis said: Yeah, I don't recommend Stylus as a fix for the interface except in two instances: 1) It's not likely to ever change because of some Accessibility requirement I don't need. or 2) I need a fix now , in order to make things work right. FWIW, I don't think I've ever come across that display bug while playing. I don't mess with that field, I guess. Normally, I won't use that field either. BUT if you want to use spells correctly and don't have an Arcane Focus that replaces some of the Material components, you need to put in the ingredients needed... and every time you do so, this bug is present...
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are you homebrewing spells, or just using the field to copy from? There might be other ways to get at what you need. Hmm, that would be a fun little scriptlet: Component pouch. Goes through all spells and makes a composite list of all non-cost items and cost items that are not consumed.

Edited 1651063818
keithcurtis said: Are you homebrewing spells, or just using the field to copy from? There might be other ways to get at what you need. Hmm, that would be a fun little scriptlet: Component pouch. Goes through all spells and makes a composite list of all non-cost items and cost items that are not consumed. Usually I drag'n drop the spells from the Compendium. If a spell is not included there I copy it from the wiki (first copy it to notepad to remove custom formatting) or type in the ingredients manually.
Are spell tracking still not working? Like my players can "Prepare" (select as many spells as they want) as a wizard.  All the spells are listed in the attack area, AND the spell slots remaining does not go down when used. And its sad. :(

Edited 1651446296
You need a pro account to have it automatically deduct the spell slot from the sheeting using the API.

Edited 1651454108
Samera said: Are spell tracking still not working? Like my players can "Prepare" (select as many spells as they want) as a wizard.  All the spells are listed in the attack area, AND the spell slots remaining does not go down when used. And its sad. :( Kilter said: You need a pro account to have it automatically deduct the spell slot from the sheeting using the API. And setting !spelltracking on
Hello, One of my player's are unable to level up via the charactermancer. It stalls on the welcome page, and neither allows "next" or "opt out" to be clicked. I've already attempted to delete "active" from the "pmancer_status" as suggested in a couple forum posts; this allows us to escape the charactermancer welcome screen, but the problem repeats if attempted again. I'd really like to avoid starting a fresh character sheet for her if possible - she has been customising spell descriptions and I'd hate for her efforts to go to waste. Does anyone know what might be causing this?
Samera said: Are spell tracking still not working? Like my players can "Prepare" (select as many spells as they want) as a wizard.  All the spells are listed in the attack area, AND the spell slots remaining does not go down when used. And its sad. :( You (or your GM if you are just playing) need to be pro to use an API Script to have it update automatically.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Keyless said: Hello, One of my player's are unable to level up via the charactermancer. It stalls on the welcome page, and neither allows "next" or "opt out" to be clicked. I've already attempted to delete "active" from the "pmancer_status" as suggested in a couple forum posts; this allows us to escape the charactermancer welcome screen, but the problem repeats if attempted again. I'd really like to avoid starting a fresh character sheet for her if possible - she has been customising spell descriptions and I'd hate for her efforts to go to waste. Does anyone know what might be causing this? Hi Keyless, No idea what might be going on, but I'd suggest at least making a backup copy or two of the character if you want to experiment any more. (Actually, probably best to experiment on the copies.) just to avoid losing any data. You could try filing a  Help Center Request .
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This has been going on for about a month now. Any chance that this roll template can be fixed for dark mode? And these bits on the sheet itself: This is almost perfect. But those last few steps are needed.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, when setting a resource to equal proficiency bonus, the number turns black in dark mode. See difference in resources below:
Dark mode baffles me. I don't see that it adds anything useful and it can't be used with some of the character sheets I use - this one and the one for AD&D2e.
Hello.  I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned or if this is the right thread to post it on, but it seemed the most relevant topic. The recent addition of the Short/Long rest buttons have gone down brilliantly with my players, making taking a rest far quicker and easier. Any chance this feature could be expanded to include a 'dawn' option for items such as the 'Wand of Magic missiles' and similar which regains a certain number of charges each day at dawn. I have seen many magic items which work this way and im sure there will probably be some features somewhere (although i havent looked) which might benefit from this option to the existing mechanic. Cheers Mike
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Lexin said: Dark mode baffles me. I don't see that it adds anything useful and it can't be used with some of the character sheets I use - this one and the one for AD&D2e. It is up to sheet authors to make their sheets work with dark mode.  You are using a community sheet, so whoever is maintaining it will be making the decisions on when/how/if dark mode has any affect on the sheet and roll templates.
Will those Dark mode issues be fixed in the near future? @Roll20 Team
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I noticed that we seem to have a new attribute, npc_pb, and that Proficiency Bonus now appears on the NPC sheet. That's great, but it defaults to 0. This means that every new NPC, whether created manually or dragged from the compendium, has a PB of 0. This doesn't look great, especially for creators who have a backlog of adventures on the marketplace. There are a few solutions that I can think of that would help the situation: Proficiency Bonus does not appear unless npc_pb is set and greater than 0. Proficiency Bonus is a purely calculated value based on the normally understood calculation method for NPCs (divided CR by 4, round up, add 1). Proficiency Bonus defaults to the normal value but can be overridden if npc_pb is set. Any of those would be a vast improvement over the current situation, which shows an impossible value of "0" for PB unless manually set by the GM.
Brian C. said: Any of those would be a vast improvement over the current situation, which shows an impossible value of "0" for PB unless manually set by the GM. I agree. I'm also curious as to whether or not this number determines spell DCs.
Character Special Movement - Automatic Calculations It would be helpful if the character sheet had a section that automatically calculated and showed the various special movement values for characters. More specifically: Climb Swim Crawl Long Jump - Standing Long Jump - Running High Jump - Standing High Jump - Running Jumping Reach  As an add-on a check-box to show values if you have boots of springing and striding would also be useful. The calculations are not particularly hard, but I find that in practice many/most players won't know them and often need to look them up when the circumstances arise.
Hi all,  With the new long/short rest toggle possibility, i was kindda disappointed to see that the only option is to reset the object uses.  Most of the objects uses are depending on a formula for the reset (for example, a wand is usually [1d6+something] recharge on a long or short rest). An object only having   use left out of ten shouldn't get back to  on a rest...  Also, some objects can recharge on both a long or a short rest.  A possibility should be given to be able to recharge on BOTH short or long rest.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I believe a long rest subsumes a short rest. I.e. if you take a long rest, short rest recovery is also triggered. I can't think of any resource in the game that is recovered only on a short rest. But yeah, more options would be nice. A formula for charge recovery.  Ammo recovery according to the 50% rule. An optional multiplier for PB.
Hit dice should also be asked on a short rest, some arcanist spell casting abilities....  Good thing that this is emplemented, but yeah still needs some improvements or reminders (a little like the "resting in style" script was doing)
Hello, I'm experiencing Bug with leveling up and choosing feat that have additional options. Windows for aditional choices don't appear.  Any way to solve this?
I have a more fundamental question about the "Rest" option.  How does one actually get it to do anything?  I've enabled it on my character sheets, and the buttons appear, but nothing apparent happens when I press them (Long Rest does not restore HP or Spell Slots, and Short Rest does not restore Bardic Inspiration or prompt for Hit Dice to expend).  What am I missing?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Each resource needs to be told when to recover. Click the gear icon in each resource box and you'll see the options.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Plejkie said: Hello, I'm experiencing Bug with leveling up and choosing feat that have additional options. Windows for aditional choices don't appear.  Any way to solve this? Can you give an example? Most feats don't do anything mechanically to the character other than write the text to the features section of the sheet.

Edited 1653112961
keithcurtis said: Plejkie said: Hello, I'm experiencing Bug with leveling up and choosing feat that have additional options. Windows for aditional choices don't appear.  Any way to solve this? Can you give an example? Most feats don't do anything mechanically to the character other than write the text to the features section of the sheet. For example chef feat lets you choose between +1 wis or +1 con, skill expert lets you choose proficiency and expertise to skill(s) , elven accuracy  lets you choose one ability score inrease. that additional Window that always appeared isn't there.

Edited 1653169935
keithcurtis said: I believe a long rest subsumes a short rest. I.e. if you take a long rest, short rest recovery is also triggered. I can't think of any resource in the game that is recovered only on a short rest. But yeah, more options would be nice. A formula for charge recovery.  Ammo recovery according to the 50% rule. An optional multiplier for PB. @{charisma_mod} + 1 (Paladin Divine Sense) 1d3 at DAWN (Wand/ Staff, This means an additional DAWN in drop down, and DAWN button under Rest) 1d6cs5cs6 at Round (Breath Weapon that recharges on 5-6, This means an additional ROUND in drop down, and ROUND button under Rest) - NPC's need the Rest loving too (Haven't checked an NPC sheet in a while, they may already have this - not sure ...) Plejkie said: keithcurtis said: Plejkie said: Hello, I'm experiencing Bug with leveling up and choosing feat that have additional options. Windows for aditional choices don't appear.  Any way to solve this? Can you give an example? Most feats don't do anything mechanically to the character other than write the text to the features section of the sheet. For example chef feat lets you choose between +1 wis or +1 con, skill expert lets you choose proficiency and expertise to skill(s) , elven accuracy  lets you choose one ability score inrease. that additional Window that always appeared isn't there. This ... exactly.  Also, Tough Feat is not adjusting Maximum HP total either. As well as additional spells being counted when your spell modifier goes up in the same level up.  The spells section needs a complete overhaul.  The slots should be counted on the back-end, but the memory should be counted per class during level up.  It has a section to compile from source (Paladin, Sorcerer, Domain Spell, etc.) but yet groups them all together and prevents proper spell memorizing, Let alone the wizard's additional spell learning that should be notated that they learned the spell from copying it (thereby being ignored when getting a new 2 spells during level up); you can provide an additional sheet for it (Merlin's Spellbook), but it's kinda tedious at that point, going between two different sheets during Long rest just so you can swap spells because the charactermancer doesn't denote things properly.
Feat options Window issue solved. Thanks for Swift support!  If the spells mechanic could get some love that would be great too 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Plejkie said: Feat options Window issue solved. Thanks for Swift support!  If the spells mechanic could get some love that would be great too  How was it solved? In case anyone else reading this section later has the same issue.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Is anyone getting a difference in the listed spell save DC when the click on a spell in the spell list vs when they click on the "spell description in the chat window" speech bubble next to the spell's name?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Does the spell in its attributes suggest a different spellcasting ability than the sheet? I can force a discrepancy that way. For example, changing my bard's spellcasting ability from Charisma to Strength, within the spell description, causes the spell as cast to use my charisma, but the description to use strength. This seems wrong. The save seems like it should be trumped by whatever ability is indicated in the description, despite how it is presented in chat.
I am still having this issue, I tried to level up my Warlock, and none of the feats that add things were letting me select stuff as before.  The example  Plejkie  gave I still see no options to choose, I wanted to do the Eldritch Adept feat, but it doen't allow me to choose a new Evocation as it should.  To test out I tried every feat that is suppose to give a choice and none of them actually pull anything up. keithcurtis said: Plejkie said: Feat options Window issue solved. Thanks for Swift support!  If the spells mechanic could get some love that would be great too  How was it solved? In case anyone else reading this section later has the same issue.
There seems to be a flaw with the charactermancer that I've noticed since MMoM came out: The charactermancer correctly states: " When determining your character's ability scores, increase one score by 2 and increase a different score by 1, or increase three different scores by 1. Follow this rule regardless of the method you use to determine the scores, such as rolling or point buy." However, it presents the option to choose 3 ability scores to increase, giving +1 to each. There is no provision for giving one ability score a +2 and another +1. In fact, the charactermancer complains (later on - in the "Review" step) if you don't choose 3 ability scores.