Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20

Edited 1621459802
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
The thread for all things Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 sheet related. This the place for to collect known issues, bug reports, and see recent changes. Sheet Summary Most Recent Updates Resolved an issue with Proficiency descriptions Spell success / failures shown in chat without saving throw Dedicated notes for critical rolls in chat What’s Next? Adding the ability to transfer items from one Inventory subsection to another Last elements of Drag and Drop Support (Classes features) Support for the Alchemist class Charactermancer Level 1. How to Report a Bug Use this link to report a bug on Roll20’s Help Center. This is the best way to ensure the problem is seen by our team of sheet authors. When reporting a bug in this thread, please use the templates below. Sheet Issue Template Description of issue: Try being as detailed as possible when writing a description. Documenting the exact steps you've taken will let us follow the same path in trying to replicate & test the issue. Screenshots: A picture is worth a 1,000 words and a Gif 10,000. Feature Request Template Brief Description: A quick summation of the feature, why it is needed and who it would help. Screenshots: Book (Core Rule Book, Bestiary...), page #s
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
link to the previous tread: Pathfinder Second Edition by Roll20 (Q1Y2020)
Thanks for the link, Andreas! Some updates from the previous thread: When will we see Class Feats and APG Feats working with Drag and Drop? This is our very next task as part of the ongoing efforts for Pathfinder Second Edition, and the last stepping stone towards getting the Charactermancer on the production table. I can't give exact timelines, but soon. What drag and drop content does the Game Mastery Guide offer? The Game Mastery Guide is predominantly a toolkit for Game Masters and provides a plethora of design options, but little in the way of Drag and Drop player options. It does, however, include a few feats (not yet implemented for Drag and Drop, but soon!), some items (16), monsters (83) and, of course, the all important single spell 'Touch of Corruption' !  I've looped in the production team responsible for converting this product in, to see if there's anything I've missed. If so, I'll update this thread! Alchemist support; what gives?! I feel this feedback acutely. I can tell you that we have something that is nearly fully baked, it's in QA, we're spit-shining it up and making sure it's perfect before we put it out.
Don't forget equipment with runes in them (e.g. armor) not working ... 
Hi Fraser, Very sorry, Pathfinder 2 neophyte here. Would you be able to give a little more context to this problem? Is there a post on the other thread that I missed?
Thanks for the link, Nic! So I would really like to purchase the Gamemastery Guide, but what does it add to the ‘Drag and Drop”? Does it have any of the items? 

Edited 1621484023
A couple of bugs and requests I posted last year: Sheet Issues PC Actions with empty Traits field shows the ancestry traits when called as an ability like %{Character Name|repeating_actions_-MO7gdvB8Zwk8KZe8yPJ_action} I'm guessing this is because both the main attribute and that subattribute for the actions repeating section are called traits . I suggest renaming the traits main attribute to ancestry_traits or character_traits . Senses still have "EmoBond" in the subheader for some reason. Request: Separate Damage Rolls control for spells With how we set up our Damage Rolls sheet options, spells show chat buttons for damage and critical damage as well. This makes sense for some spells with attack rolls, but I feel like most spells that use saving throws—especially AoE/multi-target spells—usually just need the one damage roll. The outcome could be half, full, or double, with the damage dice rolled once and then applied to each target differently as determined by their saves. We usually put healing rolls in the damage section of spells for convenience, but those get turned into chat buttons if we want our Strikes damage as chat buttons. Basically, I'd hope to have the option to have Melee and Ranged Strike damage as chat buttons, while having all spells roll damage automatically (without critical damage). Request: #2 and #3 buttons for Acrobatics, Athletics, and Spell Attack MAP rolls These are the two main skills used by Attack actions, which are subject to multiple attack penalty the same way as Strikes. Adding buttons next to these skills similar to how Strikes are set up would be helpful for quickly applying MAP to rolls with these skills for Attack actions. Keeping the roll syntax in line with the Strike MAP rolls would be preferable as well (i.e. %{selected|ACROBATICS2} and %{selected|ACROBATICS3}). Spells with attack rolls also don't currently have a built in way to apply MAP. Reference: The Attack actions Escape (CRB pg. 470), Force Open, Grapple (CRB pg. 242), Shove, Trip, and Disarm (CRB pg. 243). Request: More 'MISC' Fields That Support Math for AC, Skills, Perception, Saves, and Max HP These sections could benefit from having MISC fields that allow math like weapon attacks and spell attacks have. This would be really useful for applying custom modifiers that rely on attribute calls and for tracking condition penalties.
Bulk calculation issue,  - worn for 4 bulk of gear - stowed a backpack with a cap of 4 - stowed a bunch of item for a total of 0 bulk due to the backpack My total bulk is now 5 ... wait wut ???

Edited 1621492277
Nic B.
Roll20 Team
Darkwynters said: Thanks for the link, Nic! So I would really like to purchase the Gamemastery Guide, but what does it add to the ‘Drag and Drop”? Does it have any of the items?  Hi Darkwynters, As I mentioned above, the Gamemastery guide comes with a variety of drag and drop records, but I don't think Drag and Drop is intended to be the selling point of this product. In terms of the items, I just tested the following and confirmed them to be working: Axe of the Dwarven Lords Bag of Devouring Type I Bag of Devouring Type II Bag of Devouring Type III Bag of Weasels Boots of Dancing Cloak of Immolation Deck of Many Things Elder Sign Essence Prism Forgefather's Seal Genius Diadem Gloves of Carelessness Horns of Naraga Martyr's Shield Medusa Armor Mirror of Sorshen Monkey's Paw Necklace of Strangulation Orb of Dragonkind Philosopher's Extractor Poisonous Cloak Type I Poisonous Cloak Type II Poisonous Cloak Type III Poisonous Cloak Type IV Ring of Truth Serithtial Shot of the First Vault Singing Sword Sphere of Annihilation Stone of Weight Talisman of Sphere Persephone said: A couple of bugs and requests I posted last year: ... Hi Persephone, Thanks for updating this thread. Some specifics I can talk to, others will require some investigation, but here's what I can answer: Senses still have "EmoBond" in the subheader for some reason. This seems to be an issue with Crowdin's translation file. I went in and updated it. That should filter its way onto the sheet at some point in the next few days. Basically, I'd hope to have the option to have Melee and Ranged Strike damage as chat buttons, while having all spells roll damage automatically (without critical damage). Just want to be sure that I've completely understood the request: the current ability to switch between automatically rolling damage and clicking a button after the roll to output damage isn't sufficient because there are instances in which you'd wish to contextually switch (i.e. when switching between spells and magic) frequently enough that it becomes a pain? I can certainly make a ticket to investigate the feasibility of this feature add, if so. Add Multiple Attack Penalty buttons for Acrobatics and Athletics It seems we have already done some internal investigation on this, however it is now just a question of priority. Once Drag and Drop and the Charactermancer are no longer blocking the pipeline, we should see some movement on some of these smaller additional features! As for the others: PC Actions with empty Traits field shows the ancestry traits when called as an ability Would you be able to give me precise reproduction steps for this? The Pathfinder 2 sheet is a complex beast and I'm not quite sure I follow. More 'MISC' Fields That Support Math for AC, Skills, Perception, Saves, and Max HP I distinctly remember this sort of additional field being a part of the internal conversation around Pathfinder 2's sheet on launch. I'm not sure why we didn't do this, but I will find out.
Nanyx R. said: Bulk calculation issue,  - worn for 4 bulk of gear - stowed a backpack with a cap of 4 - stowed a bunch of item for a total of 0 bulk due to the backpack My total bulk is now 5 ... wait wut ??? This definitely seems like an issue! That said, Pathfinder 2's encumbrance system is somewhat unfathomable to me, particularly with the errata around backpacks. I will put this before our resident expert and see if they know why this is the case, or if it's just a bug.
Nanyx R. said: Bulk calculation issue,  - worn for 4 bulk of gear - stowed a backpack with a cap of 4 - stowed a bunch of item for a total of 0 bulk due to the backpack My total bulk is now 5 ... wait wut ??? Okay this is a bit strange. The bulk total for each section rounds down to the nearest Bulk and doesn't show the excess Light Bulk. The overall total bulk at the top is everything added together, including the not-shown Light Bulk. So your Worn section shows 4 but the true amount is 4 and 5L. (This seems to throw people off quite often, might benefit from being changed to show both). The backpack has a capacity of 4 but only negates 2 bulk, so you'd want to set the CAP to 2. Either way, in this case the rest of your Stowed section comes to a total of 19L, besides the backpack itself, and is less than the backpacks CAP. So the Stowed total shows 0 because the backpack negates the bulk of everything else that's currently there. The only thing I can think of here is maybe the Total Bulk is rounding you're remaining Bulk of 4 and 5L up to 5 bulk when it should be rounding down?
Lots of good news you shared, Nic! Nic B. said: Just want to be sure that I've completely understood the request: the current ability to switch between automatically rolling damage and clicking a button after the roll to output damage isn't sufficient because there are instances in which you'd wish to switch (i.e. when switching between spells and magic)? I can certainly make a ticket to investigate the feasibility of this feature add, if so. Sort of! Currently there's a damage-as-buttons toggle and a crit damage drop-down toggle. Both of these affect ALL damage output. I think it would be useful if there was one set of these that specifically affects Melee and Ranged sections' damage output, and one set that specifically affects Spells sections' damage output. Hopefully that makes more sense? As for the empty traits bug, here's steps, to the best of my memory: Fill the Traits field in the top of the sheet with some value, let's say 'Humanoid' Create an Action, leave its Traits field blank Drag that Action to the macro bar and click the new macro bar button, or send it to chat with an ability call like %{Character Name|repeating_actions_-MO7gdvB8Zwk8KZe8yPJ_action} The Action in chat will show 'Humanoid' as its trait when it shouldn't have any

Edited 1621497822
What’s Next? Adding the ability to transfer items from one Inventory subsection to another Nice! Been waiting for that. Also, I recently made a request in the previous thread dealing with container capacities and organization in the inventory. Lekgolo said: Natha said: Helen L. said: +1 for this Lekgolo said: Feature Request: Multiple "Stowed Items" sections in the Inventory Brief  Description : All stowed items are inside a container, usually a backpack or a bag of holding, but currently there's no way to indicate in what container is each stowed item, nor there's a way to put one item "inside" another. That makes very difficult to track where is every item, how much bulk is inside each container, and the actual bulk a character is carrying. My suggestion is to change the name of the "Stowed Items" section to "Items Stowed in X" where X is a field the user can modify. Also, allow users to create additional sections of this kind. This way a single character could have a section called "Items Stowed in Backpack", and another one called "Items Stowed in Bag of Holding". Adding an editable "capacity" and "negated bulk" fields to each of this sections would also be useful. The idea being that the difference between the negated bulk and the current capacity is added to the character's current bulk. For example, a backpack has 4 bulk of capacity but only negates 2 bulk, this means that a full backpack would only contribute 2 bulk to the character's carried bulk. In the end each stowed items section would ideally look similar to this but prettier: • Items Stowed in Backpack, Capacity: 3/4 bulk, Negated Bulk: 2    - Item 1    - Item 2 • Items Stowed in Bag of Holding, Capacity: 17/25 bulk, Negated Bulk: 25    - Item 1    - Item 2 Sorry to say that technically, Roll20 character sheets can't have repeating sections of repeating sections. Regarding negating bulk, the "capacity" field (which name can cause confusion, TBH) in stowed items settings do negate bulk. If the amount of sections can't change dynamically, just add 10 static stowed items sections (I doubt many characters will have more than 3 or 4 containers anyway), and let the user decide how many to show. This must be possible because the Spells tab already does this (the sections for innate, focus, cantrips, and normal spells can be turned on and off). Regarding the capacity field that's currently in stowed items, it's pretty much useless IMO, for two main reasons: 1. Characters don't stow containers, they wear them, this field should be in Worn Items to be useful (and a different, more descriptive name would also be appreciated). 2. Without a way to track what items are inside the container, the bulk calculations will always be off: if a character has a Bag of Holding I (capacity 25 bulk) partially filled (only 5 bulk inside), and also carries more stowed items outside the bag (in a backpack), the bag should only be negating the 5 bulk from what's inside it, ignoring the bulk from the contents of the backpack.

Edited 1621547697
Sheet Issue Template Description of issue: With the drag and drop armor, how do you get armor potency runes to add into the AC? If you change the **AC BONUS* on the inventory page to account for the potency rune, it doesn't seem to have any impact, specifically when you toggle on/off the equipment it resets it to the original item bonus. I want to be able to have my +2 leather armor (+3 equivalent item bonus) and be able to toggle the shield on the inventory page for when I am sleeping to calculate my AC correctly. A workaround for this could be to add each armor type and its associated potency bonus to the compendium (i.e. plate +1, plate +2, etc).
Feature Request Template Brief Description: is it possible to have a separate notes field for Initiative? Examples: Battle Cry (intimidate on Initiative), Improved Initiative (+2 to init), Pilgrim's Token (act first on tie), Battle Planner, Incredible Scout. Probably some items that help there too, and class abilities too.
Persephone said: Okay this is a bit strange. The bulk total for each section rounds down to the nearest Bulk and doesn't show the excess Light Bulk. The overall total bulk at the top is everything added together, including the not-shown Light Bulk. So your Worn section shows 4 but the true amount is 4 and 5L. (This seems to throw people off quite often, might benefit from being changed to show both). The backpack has a capacity of 4 but only negates 2 bulk, so you'd want to set the CAP to 2. Either way, in this case the rest of your Stowed section comes to a total of 19L, besides the backpack itself, and is less than the backpacks CAP. So the Stowed total shows 0 because the backpack negates the bulk of everything else that's currently there. The only thing I can think of here is maybe the Total Bulk is rounding you're remaining Bulk of 4 and 5L up to 5 bulk when it should be rounding down? Totally agree. I did some more testing and it is clearly something due to rounding of sort. If I add to the stowed item 1L the total bulk goes down to 4B ... thanks for keeping an eye to it.
So, I would accept an update to just the source code on the github, not that it seems anyone here plans to ever do that, and implement this myself, as is I am currently forced to use an rather outdated version of the sheet to do this, but in the unlikely circumstance it ever gets formally supported I'll make a feature request for it and then assume/hope you'll just throw a github update online instead to make it easier on yourselves: Feature Request: Support for the variant rule " Dual-Class PCs" Brief Description: This could be implemented as just another check box that adds a second Class DC field, as well as potentially a second spell list on toggle. The rules for this can be found on in  Gamemastery Guide pg. 192 . It would benefit those who are using this rule set for its intended purpose, smaller party games of PF2e Feature Request: Support for the variant rule " Alternative Scores" Brief Description: This could be implemented as just another check box that replaces Constitution on the sheet with Agility, and flips a few formulas to their alternative versions. This is more or less already supported if the table agrees that constitution will be treated as Agility and everyone redirects what Ability Scores certain skills use et c., though it does cause some issues for the HP formula. This is a variant rule found in the official GMG and would benefit anyone wanting to use it, as is this option is more or less a non-option for games to use. The rules for this are found in  Gamemastery Guide pg. 183 .

Edited 1621792807
This might have been already asked but how can I raise the saving throw for focus spells? Update: hmmm it adds everything up but says 10… strange.

Edited 1621813791
Feature Request: Variant rule "Stamina" Brief Description: The GMG has a variant rule that splits hit points into Hit Points representing actual damage and Stamina representing exhaustion and stuff. It would be nice to have support for this variant rule. Low-level support for this would be to have a checkbox that adds Stamina as a stat and has it auto-calculate, changes how hit points are calculated, and adds the Resolve point stat. High-level support would add some logic to how damage is applied (first to stamina, and then overflow is applied to HP). Link: Archives of Nethys GMG page 200
Darkwynters said: This might have been already asked but how can I raise the saving throw for focus spells? Update: hmmm it adds everything up but says 10… strange. Check if the focus spell in question is set to use the proper tradition, because that's what sets the DC.
Thanks Staffan, I will check that. I also toss in my vote for Attack 2 and 3 for Athletics and other Attack skills.
Darkwynters said: I also toss in my vote for Attack 2 and 3 for Athletics and other Attack skills. Agreed.  

Edited 1621979467
Feature Request: Notes that don't pop up in the chat Brief Description: I'd really love it if there was a notes section explicitly for the player , not for the others playing with them.  It could be used for notes like where the modifiers (training, magic items, etc) come from (background, skill increase at <n> level, ability boosts at <n> level, retraining, and so on and so forth), and what the plans are for further development (like if you're planning to raise it at the next level-up/skill increase), or if you're bringing things in ahead of time just to get them out of the way (loading feats up before you actually hit that level, just to have them in there when you need them with minor changes). Thing is, I'd really like them for EVERYTHING: Abilities, Saves, Skills (especially these), Actions, Perception.  I understand that this probably nearly doubles the number of attributes that you'd have to cover, so I'm not really expecting this to happen.  On the other hand, these are attributes that would never have to be output, so probably would not interfere with current code for that, so I'm perfectly willing to be happily surprised! Feature Request: Codable sections of skills Brief Description: A practical example: The skill feat Experienced Tracker  allows a person to track at full speed at a -5 penalty to the Survival check (as opposed to half-speed).  I'd like to be able to enter something like ?{Tracking at full speed|No,0|Yes,-5} so that it pops up whenever I click the Survival check, but right now, I don't think it allows it like the Other section of attacks do.
Total noob on the system and sheet, was wondering how to best handle the Flurry ability of the ranger. As in aplying modifiers to second/third attack, akin to the Agile checkbox. I am aware of the global modifiers in the Options tab, but the ability doesn't apply to all attacks. Thanks in advance. 

Edited 1622048527
@Letícia if your game doesn't have API scripts the simplest way is to add a note to the attacks to remind you about the different flurry modifiers. If you do have API scripts in the game, I have a macro I can share later for the ChatSetAttr script that toggles the modifiers with a single click. (The creator of the game needs a Pro membership to use the API)
Letícia B. said: Total noob on the system and sheet, was wondering how to best handle the Flurry ability of the ranger. As in aplying modifiers to second/third attack, akin to the Agile checkbox. I am aware of the global modifiers in the Options tab, but the ability doesn't apply to all attacks. Thanks in advance.  I usually use simple query macro for those kind of case put this line ?{Flurry|Yes,+2|No, } on this location in this way the every time player try to attack, it will prompt to adjust the MAP
Thanks for the help everyone. As I don't have access to the API, I'll stick to Helen's suggestion. ^_^
Sadly, it's not quite that easy.  The flurry ranger, when after their hunted prey, gets a +2 to hit, but only on the 2nd attack.  If it's the 3rd attack, they get a +4 instead.  Also, I'd probably stay away from including the '+'.  You could do it like the following, but it's ugly and quite easy to screw up the dialog boxes (especially if you're tired, as this weekend's con is almost guaranteed to do :) ) ?{Hunted Prey|Yes,2|No,0} + ?(Hunted 3rd attack|No,0|Yes,2} The easiest way is probably to build a separate token action macro specifically for using against hunted prey and building the +2/+4 into it. 

Edited 1622308450
That's a good way to do it! You can simplify it further to this, so you only get one pop-up: ?{Hunted Prey|no,0|second attack,2|subsequent attack,4}

Edited 1622316856
Not sure if this was reported. To simulate my stowed items being in a backpack (holds up to 4 Bulk of items and the first 2 Bulk of these items don’t count against your Bulk limits) changed the "BULK QTY" to 0. After doing that It shows the Bulk Total still being Zero in the Stowed Items but for Bulk total over all it is still adding it. I was able to fix this by nulling the bulk section of the item but the other way should have worked as well.
@Steven you can just set the backpack's capacity to 2, that will negate 2 Bulk of your Stowed inventory plus its own Bulk.
Persephone said: @Steven you can just set the backpack's capacity to 2, that will negate 2 Bulk of your Stowed inventory plus its own Bulk. ummm, how do you do that. I see nothing in the item that allows me to set bulk capacity or adding items to it.
Also it not supposed to negate it's own bulk, when used it still has a bulk of L
It should have a field labeled CAP. Set that to 2. The bulk is only L if you aren't wearing it so that should be the correct behavior. If you're carrying or stowing the pack rather than wearing it on your back, its Bulk is light instead of negligible.
No Field called CAP 
There is a field called CAP for Stowed items which is not helpful since the Backpack is worn not stowed.
Ah yeah the sheet is set up to have containers in Stowed since their capacity only affects Stowed Bulk. You should be able to use the transfer item drop down at the bottom of that screenshot to move it to Stowed.
Persephone said: Ah yeah the sheet is set up to have containers in Stowed since their capacity only affects Stowed Bulk. You should be able to use the transfer item drop down at the bottom of that screenshot to move it to Stowed. Will do that for my own PCs, sadly I can't for these. Making PFS Pregens and I need to follow the Character sheet as close as possible so there is no confusion. Pregen has it as Worn so it needs to stay there. Thanks for the info.
Hmm maybe as a workaround you can set the CAP of a bulkless Stowed item like chalk to 2 to get the same effect without moving the backpack?
Will try that.
Bombs are not being added to Ranged attacks when adding to the inventory.
I think they get added to actions since they're items with an activation entry. There's a general bombs ranged Strike since the compendium is intended to match the CRB.
Understand what you are saying but as played that is not helpful since each bomb is different. It would be much more useful to be treated as a weapon instead of a General category that would have to be edited to match what the bomb actually does. 

Edited 1622330068
Also the method used leaves out the notes for the bomb which includes important info like being flatfooted when hit with bottled lightning. Edit: Selecting show notes in rolls does not work for actions
I agree. I've been meaning to see if I can use the API to manually change the attribute that stores the info for equipping items.
Persephone said: Hmm maybe as a workaround you can set the CAP of a bulkless Stowed item like chalk to 2 to get the same effect without moving the backpack? Did not work

Edited 1622375047
Steven L. said: Persephone said: Hmm maybe as a workaround you can set the CAP of a bulkless Stowed item like chalk to 2 to get the same effect without moving the backpack? Did not work I made a request not long ago that covers this ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10098740/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/10098740/</a> ). The current workaround I'm using for characters with containers in Worn Items (like a backpack, or a bag of holding) is creating a new Stowed Item that I call Negated Bulk, and setting it's capacity to whatever amount of bulk the character is negating (it's basically the same as creating an item with negative bulk). This method has its own problems specially if you carry more than one container, but it's the best I could find until they fix it.
Okay my picture will not do it justice: for some reason, I cannot see dice rolls on my computer. I just see a black triangle when I move my cursor over the roll.

Edited 1622701387
There's something that's gone wrong with bulk. Some items are applying their bulk when they're in a container with the capacity trait, and bulks are getting all kinds of screwy. As an example, here's an inventory with items added til it got to 6 bulk. This is actually 5.8 bulk (counting L as .1). The stowed container is full of items that are within the capacity limit of the bag, so we SHOULD be able to ignore it. If you remove one dagger, the bulk in the held/worn is now 5.7, but for some reason it displays as 5 bulk. Part of the issue, it turns out, in the stowed items, there were a few light items that should be within the capacity limit of the bag. These were things like antidotes and caltrops. If they were set to any quantity other than 1, their bulk was applying to ALL fields, regardless of where they were located. It looks like overall, anything with a bulk of L ignores the capacity quality in the inventory tab. It'd be nice to see what the L bulk is for each field so we can see where there are issues with calculation. It's worth noting as well that most if not all the items aren't updated to the most recent errata (some examples: many pouches were removed in the errata and rendered unneeded, some weights were changed (e.g. backpacks are now null weight, not L)). Sometimes editing an item's bulk winds up fixing this bug too.