Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Who is wing-it on git and why did they overwrite my translation.json with a very old version?

Edited 1621912767
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
As the topic states, who the heck is "wing-it" on git and why did they overwrite my translations.json with an old version hosing the Shadowrun Sixth World character sheet? <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/commit/7d5e5483c2598fe62e8da71d7517c3535b73d32a" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/commit/7d5e5483c2598fe62e8da71d7517c3535b73d32a</a> There was absolutely no reason to roll this file back it was working correctly. Chuz
Hi Chuz, I suspect that this was as a result of some stray automation somewhere. I've begun an investigation into what caused this to happen. I'm sorry that this inconvenienced you. I'll let you know when I have an answer as to way this occurred.
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nic B. said: Hi Chuz, I suspect that this was as a result of some stray automation somewhere. I've begun an investigation into what caused this to happen. I'm sorry that this inconvenienced you. I'll let you know when I have an answer as to way this occurred. Thanks for looking into it! Chuz
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This issue was further discussed and resolved elsewhere, just updating the thread so folks who find the thread knows what happened, and how to work around similar problems. Resolution/Followup It seems that using some special characters in i18n translation strings causes problems for the translation service automation, to the point that it will revert the . translation.json file to a state where it doesn't contain the special character. In this case, the problems was ¥ , the yen/yuan currency symbol. By removing it from the translations and having the ¥ just in the HTML of the sheet, the translation.json won't be affected. wing-it is a roll20 developer who commits the automated translation updates from CrowdIn to the character sheet repo.
Chuz
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Andreas J. said: This issue was further discussed and resolved elsewhere, just updating the thread so folks who find the thread knows what happened, and how to work around similar problems. Resolution/Followup It seems that using some special characters in i18n translation strings causes problems for the translation service automation, to the point that it will revert the . translation.json file to a state where it doesn't contain the special character. In this case, the problems was ¥ , the yen/yuan currency symbol. By removing it from the translations and having the ¥ just in the HTML of the sheet, the translation.json won't be affected. wing-it is a roll20 developer who commits the automated translation updates from CrowdIn to the character sheet repo. Thanks for updating this, I completely forgot to and should have. Chuz