Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Add Script" vs "Import

Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I just got the latest version of my script merged and something weird is going on. If you "Import" the script everything works correctly and the code is correct. If you "Add Script" then some things don't work and other things work wrongly. I think  that "Add Script" is still using the old version of the script, because all the new stuff I added doesn't work and the old stuff that I changed works wrong. Any idea what might be going on/how I can fix it?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Do you have any special encoding of any characters, or a BOM on the file? Unsupported unicode characters? That was a problem I ran into with the first few scripts I uploaded. What script are you talking about?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I only see BOMs in some README.md files: DiscreteWhisper/README.md InsertArg/README.md HeroRoller/README.md APILogic/README.md SelectManager/README.md libInline/README.md But those are someone else's...  =D This is more likely an import issue on Roll20's side.  I'll see if I can duplicate it.  What is your script?

Edited 1623171477
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
*whistles innocently* But those are just READMEs. Nobody,  you know... cares... about READMEs. Or, you know, reads them. =D
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, FotN Companion.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ok, should be fixed now. (Thanks Jeff!)
Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
timmaugh said: Do you have any special encoding of any characters, or a BOM on the file? Unsupported unicode characters? That was a problem I ran into with the first few scripts I uploaded. What script are you talking about? The script is FotN Companion. It is intended to be used with the Fate of the Norns character sheet to provide card and playmat management functions essential to the game.  I don't think  I have any unsupported unicode in the script. The character sheet uses the elder futhark characters, but the script doesn't. And the script works fine when it is imported.
Joshua S.
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The Aaron said: Ok, should be fixed now. (Thanks Jeff!) Any idea what the issue was?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
API Script deploys are one of the last manual deploy tasks left for the Roll20 devs.  There's something in the process that can be easily overlooked and causes 1-click scripts to not properly install.  When that happens, I reproduce the issue, provide reproduction steps to the devs, and then Jeff or someone Jeff-like fixes it.  Hopefully that deploy process is going to get automated in the near future.  I know they've been taking steps to automate it already.