Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DND 5E. DM looking for newer players trying to learn.

Interested in learning DND? We have put together a server on discord for newer players to begin learning how to play DND 5th Edition. The intent it to get newer players a chance to learn the game at their pace. The server is a play when you want and if you want style. No cost or requirements to do anything. If you want to just come hang out you are more than welcome. If you have any questions or are wanting to know more, feel free to reply, if you are not wanting to post it than feel free to message me as well. Players and DMs welcome. Please message with the following information: What is your experience with DND 5E? What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) Your time zone?(for coordinating games)

Edited 1623249530
Hello I’m very new just signed up in fact but I know a bit of lord but nothing about how to play but I been interested in D&D since in high school and I finally go for it I hope to join a group that can help me learn about D&D My time zone UTC+7 I have no previous experience with D&D 5E I personality prefer role play heavy campaigns 
I'd love to join the discord; I'd consider myself intermediate experienced but theres always more to learn right? What is your experience with DND 5E? 6-ish months of weekly games What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) I'm good with both, but i do have a soft spot for combat Your time zone?(for coordinating games) CST
Hi, I'm am very interested to join some D&D games. I have played some game before but mostly is heavy battle games, so I would like to join some game (perhaps a medium or long campaign) which is balance between role-play and battle. What is your experience with DND 5E? - around 6 month of experienced but mostly are D&D adventurer league games. What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) - I am looking maybe 60/40 (role-play / combat), but im fine with it actually. Your time zone?(for coordinating games) - UTC +8 Thank you in advance.
Hi! This looks like a great opportunity to learn D&D 5E :) I've always thought getting into RPGs would be fun but never really knew where to start... Thanks in advance!  D&D 5E experience: None  Game type: Open to either, but would prefer role play heavy Timezone: EST 
Hello! I had some experience with D&D 5e before, but I've realized since that I wasn't actually being taught the right things. I'd love to have the opportunity to learn how the game actually works.  D&D EXP:  About a years worth playing as a Sorcerer in 2019.  Couldn't remember much of what to do now.  Game Type:  A nice balance of both. Timezone: EST
I am a noobie...as in NEVER played before, but wanting to learn. How do you get to this discord? I also am "old", very computer illeterate....but willing to learn. I work nights in Central time zone, so anything before say 2-3 PM would be nice.
I've played dnd for almost 2 years. Just nvr played 5e and mostly one piece campaigns. Looking for something different far a change
Hi! Completely new - never played, but always wanted to.  Experience: none preference: no idea! timezone: EST

Edited 1625177246
[Moderated]
Hello, my name is Chris and I am looking for a group to play some 5e. What is your experience with DND 5E? 1 session when it released. Played a bit of 4e and Pathfinder 1e What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) Looking for 60/40 split between Combat and RP Your time zone?(for coordinating games) EST
Hello hello. Excited to start playing some DnD What is your experience with DND 5E? None What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) not sure, probably just a good mix of both Your time zone?(for coordinating games) IST (GMT+1)
Hello!!! I'm Hersh (he/him) What is your experience with DND 5E? Absolutely zero!! What type of gaming would you prefer? even but slightly more on the roleplay I think? Hard to tell! Your time zone? GMT
definitely interested in learning more, maybe hanging out to watch first before playing?  own 5e and played a couple of sessions but very inexperienced probably slightly more combat eastern
Hi, I would love to join your discord. I've been interested in learning how to play for a while but always struggled with the entry hurdle.
Hey there, I have 2 friend and myself who have always been interested. But no one else that we know plays. What is your experience with DND 5E? I have 0 experience  What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) looking at more roleplay Your time zone?(for coordinating games) eastern time
Hi, hoping this discord is still open even though I am a few weeks late.  What is your experience with DND 5E? My player experience is 2 sessions followed by a total party kill. After that I got saddled as a perma DM for a group that frequently cancels last minute and would like to try the player thing out again. I've probably played about 200 hours but since I am self taught and only ran homebrew I have no idea if I'm even playing the game correctly.  What type of gaming would you prefer?(combat heavy or role play heavy) I would like to try role play heavy since I never have before.  Your time zone? MST