Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Monster tokens very dim wiith night vision on

My players can't see monsters in UDL unless an actual light source is present.  With darkvision enabled, the monster is there but extremely faint - too faint to comfortably see.  They show up if I set the token to emit light, but is there a way to adjust the token to be brighter when interacting with darkvision?  Thanks!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Posting screen shots of page and token settings, plus a screen shot of the result can go a long way in helping. There are a lot of variables here. Also, ensure that the issue exists while logged in as a player, not as a GM using Ctrl-L.
Hi! Thanks for the response - this problem is across my players in Chrome, Firefox and Safari.  This first shot is from the GM console.  2 Skeletons.  Top one has dim light turned on, 0-1 foot radius, mid brightness.  Bottom one is no light. Both are on token layer with the characters.  They look fine (they're skeletons, so they're hard to see, but all tokens do the same thing.) This second shot is the same, but from player POV. (not CTRL-L) Character has night vision, 60', nocturnal.  The tokens are nearly invisible, as if they were on a different layer.  The top Skeleton with 1' illumination is easier to see, but it's still dim. If the character has a light source, everything works perfectly. I've had to set all character and monster tokens to have 1' light just so the players can see them, but that's obviously not optimal. Please let me know what I'm doing wrong... Thanks!

Edited 1623644418
Mark P. said: <screenshots with hard to see tokens and stuff> Please let me know what I'm doing wrong... Thanks! You're not doing anything wrong Mark.  That's... - just, whatever the heck is going on with tinting at the moment.  I'd recommend not using it. EDIT:  I put a long post with a bunch of screenshots and stuff here initially- which was probably better served in the UDL thread, so I put it there instead.   TL;DR above stands though.  Tinted nightvision most likely isn't working properly at the moment.
EDIT:  It seems to occur only if the darkvision is tinted...  Transparent brings the tokens back, but any tint seems to fade them out
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That is my current advice mantra at the moment. Tinted Nightvision causes way more problems than it is worth at the moment.
I appreciate the help!  I'm fine with it not working as  long as it's not my incompetence...!  I'll try it again later.