Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Conan 2d20 Momentum and Doom

Has anyone created anything to track Momentum and Doom for Conan 2d20?  I have literally no idea what I am doing so I am hoping someone who is already playing has come up with a way of showing these on the screen during play. Erik
Hello, I have done it for Star Trek Adventures. For Momentum I have created a rollable table with 6 entries. Some nice token, 6 times, numbers from 1 to 6. I gave my players control of the token so everybody can modifiy it. Momentum in STA is a shared resource. I do not know if it is in Conan. If it is not you can make one table token per player. For Threat (the STA-Doom) I created a larger deck controlled by me as the GM. An alternative I used were card decks for each, but I was not happy with that. I put the tokens on the table or in the players hand but did not like both variants. My main problem with my setup (using rollable tables) is when using multiple maps. Since the tokens on multiple maps are not linked each time I switch the map I have to set them to the right values manually. This would not be necessary if you use cards in the players hands. Second problem with rollable table: When using dynamic lighting, the token needs to have vision and by controllable by everybody who needs to see the number. I put them in room not connected to the map. If you have questions on this, I will be happy to help. I would also like to hear if somebody has a smoother solution.
Thanks for the ideas!  In the end I made them like decks of cards (tokens) and that seems to be working not too badly after one play session.  We shall see if it works as a longer term solution for everyone or not.  The multiple map issue may end up being a thing but not so far.