Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Official SWADE Compendium

Edited 1624450760
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
The preferred method for reporting issues with the Official Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) and Deadlands Compendiums is to send an email to:&nbsp;<a href="mailto:incoming+peginc-swade-core-rules-roll20-public-25215657-issue-@incoming.gitlab.com" rel="nofollow">incoming+peginc-swade-core-rules-roll20-public-25215657-issue-@incoming.gitlab.com</a> However, this thread can be used to report Issues, just be aware they may take a little longer to bubble up to the support team.
Sorry if I'm being dense here, but that Pinnacle Support Team link seems to be non-functional to me, I can't see a mailto: or url inside it, nor does clicking it do anything.
<a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Introduction:Deadlands%20-%20The%20Weird%20West%20Core%20Rules#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Introduction:Deadlands%20-%20The%20Weird%20West%20Core%20Rules#content</a> The Hucksters link here Goes to&nbsp; <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Index:Situational%20Rules" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Index:Situational%20Rules</a> instead of <a href="https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Characters:Hucksters%20Overview#content" rel="nofollow">https://roll20.net/compendium/SWADE/Characters:Hucksters%20Overview#content</a>
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dresdon said: Sorry if I'm being dense here, but that Pinnacle Support Team link seems to be non-functional to me, I can't see a mailto: or url inside it, nor does clicking it do anything. Looks like Roll20 keeps eating the link... :-/ I've updated the post to show the email address. &nbsp;You can also access it directly from the How to Use this Compendium page in the compendium. &nbsp;It's the 4th paragraph down and looks like this: That link does work to open your email client (at least it does for me). I'll make sure the team is aware of these issues as well.
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hello, We are investigating these issues and a number of related issues in the SWADE Compendium. Thanks for your patience. As Finderski indicated the best way to report issues is via the helpdesk email address in your " How to Use the Compendium " page. Thanks again. VTT Team

Edited 1626375264
Pinnacle Entertainment Group
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hello, The Huckster's link now behaves as expected. Thanks for helping us catch that one. VTT Team

Edited 1626605752
I'd check the first page of the compendium content again, the 'No Man's Land' section is now pulling in from the wrong headers it looks like.

Edited 1626690363
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Sorry, it's still early and I just woke up a bit ago, so I'm a bit muddled at the moment. &nbsp;What is the problem? What headers are you expecting?
Morning Finderski, Let me show them side by side. The left side is how this used to look and listed the character / class style options for Deadlands, this also matches the printed material. The right side is how this currently is displayed. It's listing the wrong content, and looks to just be arbitrarily pulling headers (H2, H3 etc) from a certain level to build the list. Overall the compendium feels a bit fragile both on the web and the material pulled back in game. As we've commented in other threads the metadata indexing for the SWADE / Deadlands seems to be poor, with searching the material pulling back links to 404 pages / missing content, or not finding items with direct searches. The workings of the compendium are opaque for users so its difficult to understand how the material is indexed by the search engine.
Hmm actually I just realised there are two separate compendiums for Deadlands. Deadlands - The Weird West Companion Deadlands - The Weird West Core Rules Hence the different lists.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dresdon said: Morning Finderski, Let me show them side by side. Thanks for the images, that helps. &nbsp;The left is the Deadlands Compendium and the Right is the Deadlands Companion (compendium). &nbsp;Here's what they both look like side-by-side for me (ignore the red circles, those are there because of my role as a compendium curator): If you are getting the right-side when you access the Deadlands The Weird West Compendium (and not the Weird West Companion), you'll need to open a ticket with Roll20, because they have them backwards for you, somehow. Dresdon said: Overall the compendium feels a bit fragile both on the web and the material pulled back in game. As we've commented in other threads the metadata indexing for the SWADE / Deadlands seems to be poor, with searching the material pulling back links to 404 pages / missing content, or not finding items with direct searches. The workings of the compendium are opaque for users so its difficult to understand how the material is indexed by the search engine. We are working with Roll20 to gain a better understanding of some of this as well. The indexing is something outside of our control, but we meet with regularly to try figure out if there are things we can do to make things better in this regard. I realize this doesn't necessarily clear things up in regards to the opaqueness of the compendium's workings, but unfortunately, I'm not sure I could clear any of that up. If you have specific questions that would help you, feel free to post them and I'll take them back and see if I can get answers; please realize, though, that I may not be able to get answers to them.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Dresdon said: Hmm actually I just realised there are two separate compendiums for Deadlands. Deadlands - The Weird West Companion Deadlands - The Weird West Core Rules Hence the different lists. Heh, crossed as we were posting. :)