Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Video and Audio freezing after a few seconds

Edited 1624474405
This past month I have been unable to play in any of my games - when I join the game, the chat/video works fine for a few seconds before all the participants freeze and their audio cuts out. I have tried Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. This happens no matter which computer I am on (I've tried three computers, 2 PC's and 1 Mac). My internet speed is fine (roughly 400 mbps) and working normally. I have no idea what to try to fix this... Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I hit refresh, the audio/video will again start working, but only for a few seconds before again cutting out.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I experienced this in my game last night as well. Chat would work better than normal for a few seconds before reconnecting everyone.
I've been dealing with this as well. I have video and audio from everyone for about 10 seconds before it freezes and stops working. It's basically prevented us from playing at all recently. 

Edited 1626151976
can confirm this happened to my entire group of 5 players for the last 2 weekly sessions. All Cameras freeze after some playing time and refreshing them doesn't help. Don`t know about audio since we use discord for that, but cameras don't seem to work properly recently. Any workaround / info regarding this would be very appreciated.
Is anyone looking into this? There seems to be multiple threads