Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Works on Test Macro button but not Token Action or Collection tab

As the title says, I have a macro that functions when being processed through the Test Macro function but will not work when trying to access it through Token Action or directly from the Collection playlist button.  Quite bizarre.  The only result is a blue chat card that prints out the macro contents as if the macro is written incorrectly.  Again, the macro works perfectly from the Test Macro button on the macro window.  Anyone know what is happening and how to fix it?
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Could you share the contents of the macro? My suspicion is related to any html replacements you might be doing for nested functionality or other advanced methods but without knowing the code in question we'd all just be guessing :(
Ziechael said: Could you share the contents of the macro? My suspicion is related to any html replacements you might be doing for nested functionality or other advanced methods but without knowing the code in question we'd all just be guessing :( Hey Ziechel; Sorry, I should have posted it but I am leery of posting long scripts. The macro in question was an Amber CRT post by Will M. on the Scriptcards forum, page 29.  David M. helped me with this.  I had cut/paste the macro from a forum post and Will M. apparently had a white space of some sort in it.  Oddly enough, David (I added him as co-GM) had me post Will's macro to chat (which had worked in the past), created his own macro with the chat (which, in turn, worked for both of us) and posted his working script to chat which I then copied and pasted to my macro (which worked from that point on).  Apparently, even though chat wouldn't recognize my attempts to access the macro through Token Action tab, it did strip the white space out when it came up as a blue card macro error.  All very weird.  Thanks anyway.