Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Manhattan Aura Option

Score + 37

Edited 1626291777
Currently there are only two options for drawing auras around tokens: Circles and Squares. However these are both measured in the D&D 4e/5e style of diagonal lines being measured as one unit rather than 2. This is a proposal for an additional toggle for Auras to display in Pathfinder/3.5e/Manhattan styles of measurement. Here's a mock-up of what it would look like for a 1 tile, 3 tile, and 5 tile aura in the Manhattan style. This would really help in determining things like range of abilities, movement possibilities, etc. Currently, that all needs to be done by hand with the ruler tool. I've seen several topics on this exactly but it has never gotten traction. I'm hoping people can come together and get some momentum behind this! It would really help with so many games!!! I'm currently working on a homebrew Tactics RPG system which uses movement only in Horizontal/Vertical similar to fire emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics. Having something to measure like this would be so awesome!
This looks really cool!
This would be awesome, saves a lot of time for games that only have adjacent movement
I absolutely, fully support this! 
You know, I never really thought that I would need something like this but I can clearly think of many instances while DMing that the Pathfinder/3.5e/Manhattan styles of measurements would have been extremely useful. I support this idea fully. Please Roll20, make this a reality.
Didn't 3.5 and Pathfinder do 1/2/1/2/1/2 diagonals?
+1 Also directional. So you could do 45 degree angle, 94 degree angle, etc.
Jocelyn said: Didn't 3.5 and Pathfinder do 1/2/1/2/1/2 diagonals? Yep! That's why I think there should be a toggle in the same way you can change the measurement for the ruler tool.
This would be wonderful for my Pathfinder games. Great job on your mock-up, makes it very clear what it would look like.
I googled to see if this thing existed and I'm glad I'm not the only one interested! I'm also running a Fire Emblem/strategy RPG-style campaign and would find this aura option quite valuable.
I don't really undestand the forums, so I don't know if this is official or fan made but... I google this too and... What is the situation about this now?
+1. I don't play any Manhattan-style games presently, but I could in the future and this would be very good to have.