Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

One player can't be whispered

For the life of us, my party can't figure out why.  One of our players can /w back and forth with the GM but no other player can whisper him.  He can whisper everyone else and the party can whisper each other, just not to him.  Is there a setting we're missing or what?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Are there any unusual characters in the player's name? Or a space? If the latter, try putting the name in quotes.
Nope.  Just "Ben".  I also noticed tonight I couldn't whisper characters directly, just players (besides him) so I'm guessing it's a setting somewhere we're overlooking.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just to clear up any misconception, when you say "whisper", do you mean text or audio?
Almost forgot about this.  The text command.  He doesn't pop up as an option in the dropbox, player name nor character name, and just manually putting his name sends back a "no player by that name" error. It's really weird.