Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dynamic Lighting Explorer mode resetting

Edited 1626703725
Hello everyone, I have the Rise Of Tiamat adventure and my players are currently in the Ice Caves of Episode 2. I enabled dynamic lighting with the latest update, and when i am as a player and i move one player token, while explorer mode allows me to view explored areas already, it only lasts for a few token movements and then the whole map becomes totally unexplored again. Does anyone else have this issue?
Hey Ralakos, Could you provide some additional information here; Are you utilizing Ctrl+L when this happens? Or are you logged in as a player with control over the specified token? From here, does this happen when you are holding on to the token for an extended period of time or are you dropping it throughout? Does the time for the map to become unexplored seem to be fairly consistent (i.e. within X seconds)? Thanks!

Edited 1626791926
Hello Drespar, Thank you for your reply. I tested it by logging in as a player that has control over the tokens. It happens with Ctrl+L too, but i read i should use that just to see line of sights, not dynamic lighting. So i logged in as a player. The problems seems to happen when moving around and moving out of line of sight of the explored map, such as turning into a corner or something similar. I am moving the token around, dropping it as i have the "Update on drop" setting on. I even tried disabling this and the thing still happens. I have disabled all legacy options for my players so i think it should work fine. I recorded some footage, here it is: <a href="https://youtu.be/bBatUdRenl0" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/bBatUdRenl0</a> I hope it can help you figure what is causing this :)