Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Zooming out in FireFox causes a weird 'ghosting' effect on the edge of the screen

Detailed description of the problem Not really sure how to describe this, and this is a recent development on only firefox where if I zoom out the edge of the map is still there. This doesn't happen with the zoom bar, only when zooming out the camera with the scroll wheel Image examples: Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem Zoom out the camera more than one 'tick' at a time with the scroll wheel Description of setup Browser/Version/Windows Firefox 90.0 Windows 10 21H1 Addons: Reddit Enhancement Suite Twitter View Original Images uBlock Origin Bug Triage Results This bug only happens on Firefox 90.0 Disabled all my addons, cleared cache and restarted my browser, no effect. If i missed anything, let me know
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't have access to a windows machine at the moment to test there.  I can't reproduce this on linux with firefox 90.0.  I do see the ghost image along the edges for a split second, but it nearly immediately resolves and goes away.  Does it stay that way for you until you refresh the page, or does it resolve if you give it time?

Edited 1626738398
It resolves when I stop scrolling for about 1-2 seconds, it's just that I zoom in/out a lot and this effect doesn't happen at all on chrome. Recently did a Firefox refresh as well, settings should all be stock Here is a video example of the bug, all that's open is the single roll20 tab: Example
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I rarely use it, and when I do I generally use the slider buttons (which jump by 10%).  I don't see that effect at all that way.  It might only happen using control + mouse wheel.  You might want to go ahead and submit a ticket through the help center (the send a request option from the main page).