Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Disadvantage on stealth rolls

Today, just now, one of my character sheets for a single player has heavy armor and should roll disadvantage, for the longest time we've always had to handle this manually.  Tonight, JUST this one sheet, is seemingly now rolling this disadvantage stealth roll like something has changed but I cannot find the setting in the OGL sheets that turn on and off this detail.  What am I missing to get everyones stealth rolls to do this, and additionally, when will api's like group check and other api's that do rolls be able to use this new "{{imposed=}}" feature in OGL templates?

Edited 1626849018
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That {{imposed}} property is part of the simple template. It's only displayed during a disadvantage roll. This is about the simplest form of the template: &{template:simple} {{r1=[[1d20]]}} {{r2=[[1d20]]}} {{disadvantage=1}} {{imposed=Imposed Text}} {{rname=rname}} It's also available in the simple3D template, if you happen to be using that. The disadvantage itself is triggered by the item mod Stealth:Disadvantage If you want to permanently apply disadvantage to another character's rolls, simply add that to the mod section of one of their inventory items. Note that this isn't at all a robust system - adding stealth:advantage or acrobatics:disadvantage will not do anything. Quite why this particular case was singled out and automated I have no idea - RAW, any source of advantage will cancel out the disadvantage, so completely sidestepping the Query setting seems bizarre to me, but - /shrug - I'm not telling other people how to play. It also seems to be hard-coded to {{imposed=Heavy Armor}}. At least, applying the disadvantage:stealth mod to a weapon still says "Heavy Armor" when I tested it, despite that text not appearing anywhere in the weapon attributes. tldr - this is hard-coded into the sheetworkers & roll template, specifically for heavy armor (from what I can tell). There's nothing here useful to API scripters - they already had the ability to scan the inventory for equipped heavy armor if they so wished. So.... clear as mud? :)
This has to be new though right?  It only started showing up with a brand new created sheet and I have sheets that are only a week at most old.  I didn't get the disadvantage stealth on the armor until I redragged them out from the compendium after deleting the old ones.  
And by drag out, I mean dragged out the armor.  
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah not sure, sorry - I'm not playing 5e on Roll20 these days. I think you're right though - it's probably fairly new.