Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
Advertisement Create a free account

Chrome update: issues with games

1626898483

Edited 1626903699
Bunny
Roll20 Team
UPDATE In a recent update by Chrome, a limit was implemented for "WebMediaPlayers." This limit is 75 for Desktop and 40 for Mobile. This change places a limitation on the number of Animations, active  Jukebox tracks (sound playing), and WebRTC. We have implemented a solution that should allow majority of games to load without issue. However, a high number of animations, simultaneous jukebox tracks, or WebRTC connections can approach this limit. This limit is additive. So 20 animations, 2 active jukebox tracks, and 5 WebRTC connections will mean 27 instances contributing towards that limit. Workarounds 1. Switch to Firefox. Firefox has not implemented this limit so you should see no change. 2. Disable animations from within the in-game settings menu. If you have a page using a high number of animations this will cause them to load as still images and no longer contribute to the limit. You can do this by opening your game > Navigate to the "Cog wheel" in the right-side pane > Scroll down to "Enable animated graphics" and deselect > refresh the page. We're aware of the latest Chrome update potentially affecting games (such as animations not working, the voice & video not connecting, Jukebox), and are diving in further to investigate. We'll update as we learn more! For now, if you're experiencing any issues we recommend using Firefox or another browser.
As of this morning in Firefox i could not load the first 5 different games i tried to open due to Uncaught TypeError: d20ext.finalPageLoad is not a function
1626968515
Bunny
Roll20 Team
Hey Martijn S, That error code is often due to a browser extension interfering with the page loading. If you have any extensions, try disabling them and retrying. If that doesn't fix the issue please send us a line over at the Help Center with your Console log so we can take a closer look!
1627500494

Edited 1627500508
Sorry for the late reply: The issue was gone about 4 hour laters. For the record, I use no extensions. Thank your for replying.