Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Trying to change automate Starfinder Flat-Footed change

Edited 1627408360
Hiya! I'm trying to set a custom "Buff" on the Roll20 Starfinder sheet to account for my house rule where Flat-Footed removes your Dex bonus, à la Pathfinder, instead of a flat -2. Here's what I have, but it's just not quite working. I want it to be limited to 0 so that negative Dex characters don't end up getting a buff from it. I know they could just turn it off, but I'd like it to be seamless. -{@{dexterity_mod},0}kh1 to eac I've tried "escaping" (I think that's what it's called) the close curly bracket and the comma, but to no avail. I've also tried putting the whole calculation in [[ ]] EDIT: Ahhh, can't edit titles. *Trying to automate...
The Roll20 Starfinder sheet has a 'max dex' mod that does what you need 0 max dex to eac This would reduce the eac by any positive dex modifier value but not buff negative dex characters. The same can be done 'to kac' or 'to armor' which does both if needed.
Ahhhhh, that's perfect, thank you! And I knew there was a combined ac value, but @{ac} didn't work, so I wasn't sure what it was. This is a big help :). That being said, I still wouldn't mind knowing what went wrong with what I tried, just in the interest of improving.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
The starfinder sheet's sheetworkers (the javascript powering it) isn't set up to calculate keep highest/lowest. You can use those for things that have a roll cause the sheet will send it to chat to be resolved then, but it doesn't try to calculate the value for display on the sheet.
Ahh, I see. that makes sense then, why it worked elsewhere. I assume there isn't another way of achieving the effect of keeping either the highest, or lowest number?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Unfortunately not.