Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Always roll advantage on specific skills

Hey! I'm trying to make my perception always roll at advantage no matter what I set the advantage toggle to.. The original code for the perception roll is: @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{perception-u}}} {{mod=@{perception_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+4[Proficiency]+4[wisdom]@{pbd_safe}]]}} @{advantagetoggle}+4[Proficiency]+4[wisdom]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_skill_mod}}} @{charname_output} I've tried playing around with the @{advantagetoggle} part as that seems the most logical, setting it to just @{advantage}, @{advantage=1}, and combining them with changing the {{r1=[[ part into {{r2=[[, but to no success. Does anyone have an idea what I'd have to change?
So I managed to figure out how to make it roll advantage, the issue is every time I change my advantage toggle the macro I created changes with it. This is what I came up with, still need a solution to make it not change. @{wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{perception-u}}} {{mod=@{perception_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{d20}+4[Proficiency]+4[wisdom]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{advantage=1}} {{r2=[[@{d20}+4[Proficiency]+4[wisdom]@{pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{global_skill_mod}}} @{charname_output}

Edited 1627428394
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can't do this from the sheet, as the roll buttons point to @{attributes} which are reconstructed any time a relevant input on the sheet changes. The 5e sheet is a little overachieving here, so sheetworkers will destroy any customisation you attempt very quickly. You'll need to run a custom macro for your percption, with the second roll {{r2}} provided, and the @{{advantage=1}} toggle you mentioned. Something like this: @{selected|wtype}&{template:simple} {{rname=^{perception-u}}} {{advantage=1}} {{mod=@{selected|perception_bonus}}} {{r1=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|pb}[Proficiency]+@{selected|wisdom_mod}[Wisdom]@{selected|pbd_safe}]]}} {{r2=[[@{selected|d20}+@{selected|pb}[Proficiency]+@{selected|wisdom_mod}[Wisdom]@{selected|pbd_safe}]]}} {{global=@{selected|global_skill_mod}}} @{selected|charname_output} You'll probably want to replace every instance of 'selected' with your character's name, so you don't need your token selected to run it. Also note the @{attribute} references in the [[ roll expression ]] - if you hard-code any numbers it'll be wrong once your stats change. Side note - RAW you can't always have advantage, as a single source of disadvantage will cancel it out. But obviously your table should play how your table wants to play! Also, best not to cross-post in multiple sub-forums. Especially when this belonged in the forum you didn't post it in, the Macros one
Oosh said: ... Also, best not to cross-post in multiple sub-forums. Especially when this belonged in the forum you didn't post it in, the Macros one Alright, gotcha. Sorry, I'm so new to this I didn't know if it was a macro or an API, basically got to the code I had by bruteforcing.. If it can't be achieved the way I want and I have to use a macro I reckon I'll just try to remember I have advantage, that's a shame. Thank you very much for your effort though!