Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFP] [D&D5E] [Free] [18+] Official Ad for my Homebrew World PENDULYM [Sunday 7:30-11:30pm EST]

Edited 1633469411
And thus, in less than 24 hours time, I have reached consensus. There's quite a bit of interest generated and I feel I can properly put forth an ad for the game. Thank you to everyone who responded to me both privately and publicly with the interest level to help me put the game into motion. Let's go over some details: WELCOME TO PENDULYM! When it Starts: I will be starting this game on Sunday, August 15 at 7:30pm EST with Session 0. There's a lot to go over for this world and it will take at least a couple of hours to go through it all with you guys, then I will open up the floor with questions and answers for another hour, so Session 0 will be about 3 or so hours long. The following week, Session 1 will begin at 7:30pm EST and end at 11:30pm EST, with a 15-minute break at the 2 hour mark to replenish drinks, bathroom breaks, and so forth. Players: I will be accepting no more than a table of 6. I have opened up two tables , Sunday from 7:30pm to 11:30pm EST, and Monday from 7:30pm to 11:30pm EST. There will be a 15-minute break at the 2-hour mark for each table. Free: I don't feel I am worthy enough of a DM to have a Pay-to-Play game, so my games are free. I just don't possess that kind of courage to ask for another's money to play in my game world. 18+: The game is for people 18 and over due to the immense amount of content in it, and some is not for the faint of heart. There are all kinds of elements in here, from the good to the bad to the very ugly such as: Torture, pillaging, kidnapping, murder, language, violence, and dark themes. It's a game that will make heroes but it could also break heroes as well. It's a harsh reality on this world, where even some monsters have intelligence. Man, woman, or child, these monsters will not care if they see you as food or in the way. And some countries have heartless people; It can be a cruel world. But it also has floods of kindness and gentleness, with serenity to it too. After all, what are you trying to protect if it's all gloom and doom, right? :) Character Sheets: The character sheets will be made on Roll20, not D&DBeyond. This way I can set up your tokens to respond appropriately to the sheets and make sure everything's working and I don't have to look all over the place. Character Creation: Character statistics and creation will be done before Session 0, so when I invite you all to the Discord, pick a time you're comfortable where we can build your character. I don't do stat arrays and I don't do point buy in the way the book does it. To make you a cut above the rest, my point buy system will make you feel a cut above the rest. This is how the process would work:  All ability scores BEGIN at 8. You will then roll 10d6, re-rolling all 1's. You will take that score and distribute it among your ability scores. No stat can go over 18 (until you apply racial mods and such). It costs 10 points per 18 score (8+10 points=18 score). For HP values, though you cannot take average, you will re-roll all 1's and 2's. Please do not roll pre-emptively; We will be making your characters on Roll20 under my watchful eye. Starting Level will be 1. Don't worry, I'll go easy on you to start things off. Extra Races and Classes Integrated into the World: All published books that were released as well as the three races I have approved for the world and four classes I have approved for the world (because they are integral). The extra races approved are Kobold, Nezumi (rat folk), and the Sealed Dragons. For classes, the four added into my world are the Gunbreakers, Machinists, and Dragoons [Otherwise known as Dragon Knights] (from the Final Fantasy 14 D&D Handbook) and Blue Mage (A class of my own design based on the same game). Now, I know the general thought going into this world is the resemblance based on these allowed classes but I have my very own reasons for these classes existing and why the three Races I have allowed added into the world are part of the world's structure. Of course you do not have to be these races or classes, they are optional. Ratios: The game world will have an RP/Combat Ratio of about 60/40, though the numbers will fluctuate when you are out of areas that socializing is heavy, so out on the road the numbers will drastically change. In terms of Action, Adventure, Mystery, Mysticism, and Innovation, this world provides all of these amazing things. One country is so heavily strong in technology, one country is heavily strong in magic, one country harmonizes the two in a gentle way, and one country has a mix of Dragon and outlandish Clans in the Highlands. It's a different culture in each country and some of these countries really don't like one another. Maps: The world map is done in 8K resolution and is gigantic. The planet is the size of Mars and is 4000 miles from pole to pole. There is a lot of travelling and a lot of places of interest on this world. The maps are completely designed as "azimuthal equidistant" and are in extreme detail. Likewise, there will be large dungeon maps, city maps, inn maps, tavern maps, and dynamic lighting. Music: Each country has its own overworld music and each city has its own city music. There is a different battle theme for each country for both normal monstrosities and boss battles, as well as themes for places such as temples and other places (I provide tasteful music for all of the areas of my world, complete with ambience background and non-voiced melodies). Weather: Weather plays a huge role in this world in terms of travel and player health. If you're dressed for the summer but it's snowing and near winter time, you will be making Constitution Saving Throws. If you're out in the rain too long without rain gear, eventually you'll start making Constitution Saving Throws to get sick. Food and Water: This will be important as I will be counting the days. You will need to bring enough food and water for your journeys. Magic Items and Special Equipment: This world gives you the ability to buy and sell magical items (similar to 3.5 Edition), and along with that, you will also be able to get specialized metals as each country has special materials you can put into your equipment to give them benefits even though they aren't magical. In this game world, magical equipment goes up to +4, with Mystic Artifacts being +5. Statistics: Statistics in my world go up to a maximum of 30 to give you that really epic feeling when you reach those numbers. Monsters: There will be use of the monster manual or tome of beasts or creature codex monsters as well as homebrewed monsters. There will also be intelligent monsters and even vile intelligent villains as well. You will be challenged in this world. Pantheon: The Pantheon is completely homebrewed but it is not as much my own design as it is a reward to former players from my previous game realm that has been in my family since 1981, ELAN. They have long since ascended and became the Pantheon you see today. But mysteriously in the game, they have been silent for 1200 years. No one knows why, as even though they do not communicate, Paladins and Clerics can still access their powers and domains. World History: The world has over 30,000 years of rich history cosmically, mystically, and physically. It has many, many secrets, and so much to do! Consequences: This world is unforgiving. It is not meant for those who have a problem with certain situations. A monster isn't going to care how good of a person you are, it could kill you, or bring you to its master and they'll torture the heck out of you if it is in their dark desires to do so. There will be heinous villainy in this game, dark cults, and rituals. WORLD SYNOPSIS IN CURRENT AGE A slowly rotting world, and divided Kingdoms each with their own set of problems. One country has taken the chaos to a whole new level and begun its war plans. The long-seeded war between the Technological Giant of Xypharrvarynn and the Titans of Magic, Yorstrand are about to be unleashed. The harmonized country of Brekkensein who uses their power to innovate with magic on a balanced level have been occupied by Xypharrvarynn, and the Sealed Dragons of Ruatia are nearly sequestered within their own borders to keep the Xypharrvarynnians on their own side of the mountains. The tension between each of these countries are extremely high, and anything could set the world ablaze in all-out war. The Gods have been silent for far too long, and the innovators have become destructive tyrants, believing the magical races to be rotting the world with their magical use. To the Magic Users, the Makers of the Machine pollute this world and tear it asunder for its resources to advance their technologies. The players find themselves in the middle of all of this chaos. Will the players make a difference? Will the players side with the Magic Users? Will the players vie for peaceful resolution? Will the players assist Xypharrvarynn with world domination? Or do the players do nothing and let the events unfold while they just go dungeon delving and adventuring throughout the world? This is a decision only the players can make.
I'm definitely interested on your game. My discord is MrWolfe#7880

Edited 1627716268
There are 2 seats left. :)

Edited 1627877838
I'm hoping to fill a slot if it's still available 🙂
My discord is Cory#1241
Which table are you looking to go into?
I think Sunday would be best for me
Sent a pm
What days are you available for character creation?
Hello! I see that the last message you said both Tables are full but I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Gabe or Venich, and I am decently experienced in DnD. I would love to be considered as a "Backup" for one of your tables in case someone has to dropout. Both Time Slots work for me so when either one has a spot I could join. The best way to contact me is discord at Venich#9169 or through Roll20 but I check discord more often. Hope to hear from you if a Spot opens up!

Edited 1630600482
A situation had occurred at Table 1 which led to two seats being vacated; The one being the subject of this situation is one of the two. As such, I am looking for 2 players for Table 1 who want to work with the party to build some camaraderie. Disagreements/Dislike is natural and does happen from time to time, so long as I'm not seeing a PVP flag put onto the ground. I hope I can find players who will cooperate and mesh well with the group. It is a good group; They are good people. TABLE #1 (Sundays at 7:30pm to 11:30pm EST) is full! TABLE #2 (Mondays at 7:30pm to 11:30pm EST) is full!
Both tables are now full. Thank you all. I will update this if anything happens *Crosses fingers*
I understand that the tables are full right now. However, if a spot opens up, please consider me as a potential applicant. Add me on discord and contact me at any time Graves#8561
Thank you, Daniel. I will keep you definitely in mind :)
LOOKING FOR 2 PLAYERS!! Table 2 has had a shift in player availability due to the Autumn Season and I have 2 spots open for the Monday session. I am really hoping I can find 2 players who will want to play in my world for the long-term. Please keep in mind this game is huge, has a loooooooooot of moving parts in it, and is very lore-intensive. TABLE #2 (Mondays at 7:30pm to 11:30pm EST)
A friend and myself are interested. We have years of experience and enjoy a nice lore intensive game. My discord is Keeta #4598 if you'd like to chat
I have found my two players! Welcome aboard, Pale and friend! ^^
I am now just seeking one player for the Sunday Night game. TABLE #1 (Sundays at 7:30pm to 11:30pm EST) needs 1 player!
im interested in the sunday campaign Name: amish he/him age: 24  timezone: EST experience: been playing for abooout 6 years now, started out in pathfinder then moved on to 5e as i grew of weary of it and played many things since, open legend,wraith&glory, shadow of the demon lord and so on  would generally describe myself as an active "mover" in a campaign, i like asking questions about everything in and out game with the GM and fellow players and during session look to make big moments in a way that promotes for everyone. if you are still looking for someone to join the game please contact however you wish though i prefer discord AmishRambo#3577 theres my tag, hope to hear from you so we maybe discuss my inclusion?
You're game sounds really interesting to me and I am available on Sundays. I tend to really get into the lore of things so the world seems super interesting to me. Name: Jen She/Her Age: 37 Been playing since high school, started with AD&D 2nd edition. Big into roleplay and generally prefer to work with a team. prefer to avoid things like PVP.
I am looking for a Sunday campaign and enjoy homebrews, you’ve peaked my interest My name is Jay (he), I am 23, I am in the EST I have been playing D&D for about a year but had to drop out of my previous party due to scheduling complications and I’m wanting to find a new chill group to play with

Edited 1633570903
BOTH TABLES ARE FULL Both tables are now presently filled, I do apologize (I was at bowling league today and didn't update the thread before I left). I will keep Xen and Jay in mind if a spot opens up, and I will DM you two to see if you're still available at that time. :)