Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Re-using my own art assets?

Erik S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
When I made my first campaign module , I planned from the beginning to also sell an "Art Asset Pack" which only included all of the artwork from the module. The idea was that some people might want the artwork to use in their own games, but may not necessarily be interested in the campaign itself. Thus far, since release, it's working out fine. But now I'm Planning/Building a new one-shot Add on, and want to again sell an "Art Asset Pack" for the Add on. The Add on itself will reuse some of the artwork from the first campaign module, and the issue I'm pondering is whether or not to include the reused art in it's new "Art Asset Pack". On the one hand, some of the people looking to buy the new asset pack might not have the first asset pack, and they may have an expectation to get ALL art from the add on, not just all UNIQUE art from the add on. On the other hand, if people who DO have the first asset pack buy the second, they will end up with duplicates between the two asset packs. They may also feel that I "tricked" them into buying some of the same art twice. I have been thinking about this for a while and was wondering if anyone here had any insights? 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
In the description you could just state that some art is available in the other art pack, but is included for those who do not have the first asset pack.  Then people who already own it won't feel like you fooled them, and those who don't have it, won't have to purchase a second pack to get it.
Bill Gates your way along. This is what I mean you have the first Artpack explain there is a new Artpack that is an Addon only if they can verify to you they have the first one, and if not you have a standalone that has some of the previous Art in it as well as the new art. (You should make two modules for this). This was how DOS was sold in the 90s.