Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Group of 4 looking for an experienced DM to host a 4-hour weekly game Wed night 7:30 PM preferred

Edited 1627956666
Hi there, A group of 4 college friends have been playing together for 5+ months with 0 missed sessions.  Unfortunately our GM has family issues to deal with and we are again searching for a new GM. Who we are: 4 friends in our 50s with experience with D&D from the 1970s and early 1980s All experience with 5e in the last half year Smart and energetic gamers who like to drive the action with out-of-the-box ideas, particularly for non-combat elements What we're looking for: 1. Paid game (flexible on price) 2. High fantasy content with 5e system 3. Good mix of combat and social interaction 4. Flexibility to allow for sandboxing as opposed to a linear campaign 5. Open to homebrew or an packaged campaign. 6. Flexibility to handle some campaign elements during the week between sessions by text, so we maximize session time 7. Desire to start soon 8. Wed 7:30-11:30 EST strongly preferred DM to set up a discussion via Discord Ken
While my professional DMing is a bit busy at the moment, you folks have just about everything ticked on your list that I'd want in a game/group! The only difference is that I'm a bit younger by the years (but older in the attitude). If you'd want a fifth person to offer up to a potential DM, please do let me know! Open world, long term, combat and role-playing? Happy to throw in my cash for that!

Edited 1628003038
I have been looking for a regular weekday session. I do one offs and modules for people while running my campaign every other Saturday for a personal group. I wouldn't charge for your sessions if it is a weekday thing, but if there is a certain module your group would like mixed into your sessions you can purchase it and I will mix it in. My campaign is a mix of sandbox and set adventures which have been ran successfully already for my personal group and parties for one offs. I have a downtime point system with a full weather calendar with a new moon month spreading darkness and empowering the undead and a witching moon month (october) pushing back the undead kind and empowering casters/witches. I use discord, and set it up for players to come up with extra creative things to do and express random areas or tasks the group wants to explore, so that it then gives me time to set up in the campaign along with any improve. I also allow players to come up with extra creative abilities/mounts &amp; pets/add feats or powers from other classes to their character with in game timed training while using 5e rules to make it feel realistic. This is Ever Realm, my plane, inspired by Ghost Fires setting, Grim Hollow. (I can send the pdf for more info and below is the starting location map) Ever Realm is a world for the creature kind. To the East lives man, in the West lives the creature kind... That does not mean there is not either kind in each direction, just that each has dominated those specific areas. To the West further, is the Shackles, the realm of Pirates and those that make their own laws, rules not controlled by major factions and armies. Man is constantly trying to move further into the West through trade and some by force. The first major attempt by man to move heavily into the West lead to the destruction of the only human city there and halted the second major human cities construction and growth. This initiated a war between Werewolves and the West. The Dwarves joined this war and ultimately saved as many as they could from the city while helping the Kobolds and Goblins led by Wogar the x Orc Conqueror fight the many Wolfen Clans. Many adventurers joined to help and in the end the City was smite, the Sun destroyed, the Dwarves gone and no presence of the Werewolf clans. The Elves have capitalized on this since they have always looked down upon the Dwarven kind. A Goddess gave up her essence and fused with the Moon. The moon became stronger. This supports life now. The climate is cool to cold and for 3 months a comet passes over head creating the Shinning, much like a softer summer. The moon is not as bright as the sun was, but it shines more than enough for all to function and live. Imagine seeing a world in twilight, moon colors with blues and purples. (I use the Grim Hollow campaign setting by Ghostfire gaming to fill my realm/lore up more.) The God's are dead. Only their 7 Arch Seraphs and 7 Arch Daemons live and rule Rule Ever Realm. The gods died fighting the Eldritch Beings and themselves for domination. Other pantheons can be used in my campaign and any benefits they give are amplified because they expect you to spread their beliefs in this godless realm dominated by the 7 and 7, but any outside Deities do not have, dominion because of the Seraphs and Daemons. There is more Lore and I have it posted in the Discord along with pdf's I can send to those that want more details. I keep it simple though. I like a deep fantasy feel to my adventures so they gear more towards creature civilizations. Picture Christmas, Halloween, Darker and more Grim feeling with amazing Hero's of all types. I have a Port City owned by a Treant and ran by a brother and sister Minotaur team. People can play humans and there is no issue, in fact I have had 6 humans played. You will more likely deal with a Turtle Noble in my world, rabbits who are monks, goblins who are friendly, rum gremlins that want to eat you, and a Pirate Witch that the realm fears, unless you decide to make characters that work for her, but then you will be as vile as her. Kendra Crow the Cruel. The pirate witch, feared in the Shackles (pirate sea/islands) and some of the land in Ever Realm. Black Pine, owner of the major port city in Ever Realm. Black Pine's military commander Aresia Stormhoof... Lady Honor Heart whom keeps order in the major port city along with her brother the Duke. Wogar the X Orc Conqueror who built GobYip with his sidekick Strig Moonbelly, the first and only Goblin and Kobold city. He now lives in hiding from the Orc clans as the mayor running GobYip, wearing woman's attire to hide his identity... He... um She is an amazing cook and brewer! His sidekick Strig Moonbelly If your group is interested we can do a discord meet. I can show you how I run games and the different styles I use from roleplay to tactical encounters to theater of the mind to puzzles and visual aspects in Roll20/discord. I will also give info on my standard homebrew rules like stacking and inspiration. EX: I allow stacking, so if you have a scenario that gives advantage 3x's, I will let 3 d20 be rolled even though the book says only 2x's. The reason for this is because players are basically roleplaying super hero's so why not, it won't effect my encounter CR to much and those very rare moments make the player feel that power that their character posses. I am 46 and look 30. I have been in D&amp;D since I was 7 years old. I am wanting 1 continuous weekday group, which is why I am willing to do this if you enjoy my style of gaming. I allow real dice rolls and have 3 players that do it, just adds to the nostalgia and there is no reason to not trust their rolls because sometimes its more fun to get a bad roll dealing with the consequence so we can all have a laugh. Below is a link to a video of my Rick and Morty adventure I run for a server. It gives you a taste of the visual and auditory immersion in my games. I make playlists for my regular players if they have favorite songs and have them mixed in the fantasy music background. The link is my channel I am about to build up with the help of a few friends with established channels. <a href="https://youtu.be/QhgcVav6n_Q" rel="nofollow">https://youtu.be/QhgcVav6n_Q</a> Message me if your group is interested and I will run a test encounter for you all or we can just start with a meet and greet/session zero.