Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Help for Aberrant

Hi, I'm narrating an Aberrant campaign and I need to create a macro that understands that a result above 7 on a 1d10 roll is considered 2 successes. And that a result of 10 on the same move is considered 3 successes. At the same time, I need the macro to consider that result 1 eliminates results above 7 no matter how many successes they represent. I currently use this macro to represent the throw of the dice and the negative result. /r "X"d10>7f1  -  (where ''X'' represents amount of dice thrown) If anyone can help me I would appreciate it a lot. I'm looking for this formula on the Roll20 Wiki but I can't find it.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
I don't think you can do that without an api script (pro subscription needed).  You could make a rollable table to use in the place of the dice and use the actual success values for the entries if it wasn't for the 1 on the die invalidating all other rolls.  Probably the best you can do is just sort the dice to make it easier to see what is there. /r "X"d10sd You can change the sd to sa if you prefer sort ascending to sort descending.
You cannot set higher success counts or remove variably amounts of successes on failure. But you could change how you roll the successful dice. I'm presuming that a roll of 1 effectively removes a successful die. So when rolling 3d10 1, 10, 10 would be 3 successes 1, 7, 10 would be 3 successes 1, 7, 7 would be 2 successes 1, 6, 10 would be 0 successes So for this you can split the roll into three parts First determine the number of failure dice Secondly the number of success dice Thirdly the value of those successful dice The following would do so /r [[ (?{Dice|1}-[[ ?{Dice}d10<1cs0 ]])d9>6cf0 ]]d4>4dl$[[0]] + 2*($[[1]]d1d$[[0]]>1) So the d10 roll is counting just the failures The d9 is counting successes (Failure is no longer an option at this point) The d4 is counting the extra success of any 10's (out of 7, 8, 9, 10) whilst paying attention to failure dice The end part is counting 2 successes for every successful die over the amount of failure dice Also this only works as a /r command. It will not work as an inline roll due to the requirement to do computation on the reused rolls.
Right, I'm going to try this formula tonight and I'll tell you anything. Thanks Rambow! Thank you very much for now Thanks for sharing your idea too Kraynic