Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

On that greatest monster of all......Lag....

Lately ive begun to notice a tremendous amount of lag. I open a tokens stats, and the pic,description,as well as its stats take forever to load. Not to mention even getting maps loading takes a long time. They remain blurry for sometimes 3 minutes. Is this on my end or are others getting it?
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Hi Kefrem, Try both Chrome and FF.  Turn off all auto-fill/complete features in FF.  Try running without any extensions/add-ons. If you are playing a spell caster(rpg/sheet specefic), be careful not to keep too many spells on the sheet.  Repeating spells can add lots of attributes to a sheet which can lead to poor performance. There is lots of info on the wiki concerning performance/lag here  Optimizing Roll20 Performance ...   Goodluck
Sounds like your end as I'm not experiencing this but are you using really high filesizes for images?  If you have more then 3-5 auras on any tokens the session will lag out like craz for the DM.  This includes accidentally drawing dynamic lighting lines as the same color as doors in doorknocker, and that seemingly highly popular health auras api as it puts 2 auras on every single token even if you disable the aura portion it sets every tokens auras to .1 and they are hidden behind the tokens art but still active.  R20 for some reason has an insanely hard time handling the graphics of the auras on tokens.   If you are running third party extensions turn them off, half of them are poorly maintained and most of them can be replaced with properly setup api scripts without the performance hits and privacy risks.  The main third party extension thrashes your resources whenever theres more then 10ish character sheets in the journal and the combat tracker is open.  
I had such image loading problems, too. It was an problem with my isp(telekom) interconnecting to amazon s3. If you follows the net trace of your browser you can see in such situations that there are lags every time your browser accesses s3.