Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Uploads are tinted pink

Edited 1628019564
Every time i try to upload an image to use as a map in roll20 it gets a pink tint. I have tried multiple different images from different sources and they still have the same pink tint. After clearing all the cache and trying a different browser, now the uploads are tinted green. What is this?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Check your Campaign Settings page and see if a default value has been set for token tint. (It should have been labeled artwork tint or image tint, but it's under default token settings). You can reset the default on that page and save settings. There used to be a bug that would not let you reset to transparent, but I think that was finally squished.

Edited 1628109893
this is how it uploaded to roll20, there's still a brighter tint to it. this is the original file
here is another instance where original is on the right and roll20 upload is on the left. I've tried different file formats as well to no avail.
Gold
Forum Champion
still check what keithcurtis said but this time it could be a white tint applied. Make sure to reset that to transparent (meaning no tint)
i did that and it didnt fix it
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also verify that the token isn't emitting light? Specifically: tinted light? A good way to isolate if this is a setting issue: create a brand new game and try uploading an image to it to see if you get the same problem.
I can duplicate this by simply just uploading to the GM layer instead of map/token layers in UDL.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have taken the image above and uploaded it to my own game, starting with both JPEG and PNG formats. To test DM Eddie's method, I also uploaded them directly to the GM Layer with UDL on. I cannot duplicate the color shift being shown: There may be something else going on. UDL allows you to dim the GM view in order to see multiple light sources more easily. I usually have that off. I certainly turned it off for this test, since it would absolutely affect the vieweing of the image (it would appear dark). I also had opacity of the GM Layer turned all the way up, so that the GM layer images would appear normal. Do you have any light sources on your page, or is it just the graphic and nothing else? It might be helpful to have screen captures of the page settings and the token settings. And possibly the default token settings on the Campaign Settings Page.
I only offered to check to see if hes uploading with the GM layer active and trying to place it as a map.  Then the image would have by default, a transparency to it that would show up with a hue that is actually the pages default background color which...in dark mode is probably going to have a reddish hue or in normal roll20 a white/grey.  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good point. That could certainly produce results like that.