Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Recent issues with BUMP

Firstly, huge respect and thanks to @The Aaron for the Bump API, which has been, up until recently, my favourite script. I'm not sure when exactly the issues started happening, or if it is the inclusion of a new API (Aura/Tint Health Bars) but Bump doesn't seem to work the way it did before. It's very hard to tell if the token is on the GM layer (the token is not entirely purple, only boxed in purple now), the text does not seem to indicate its hidden status either anymore (formerly fade, whereas now it doesn't seem to fade no matter which layer it is on), and I have had situations where players have been able to see the tokens that are obviously hidden (they appear purple). Certainly has spoiled a few encounters already, and has forced me to go back to the old-fashioned method of manually switching between the GM and Token layers. If anyone has any insight (D&D pun) I would love to hear what others are experiencing, and potential work arounds. I am running the "latest" version of Bump 2.25
Anything that uses auras are only ok to use if every player and the DM have modern high end machines.  There is massive graphic lag on low end machines when you have more then a few auras active on the map(this includes door knocker api's doors).  I wish we could get a health/auras api that just has the spell effects and has the entire aura system thrown out of it.  I only use bump for rogue players.  I've never found a situation where bump worked for me perfectly, it always had a wonky interaction with something else for my entities going between layers either my notes were stuck on the wrong side of the layers or the bump would mess up the bars of monsters or reroll damaged hitpoint bars cause of MHD running.