Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Wild Shape Api

My Party and i use the Wild shape and wildshape helpers Script. This has been a great help for our druid, but has come with a small QOL issue i was hoping to fix, i just dont know how. I understand that this script is no longer being updated, however i was wondering if any one had incountered an issue i am having with it and might have a fix for it. In our game, we have the hp bar of our characters visible so that we have a visual representation of how hurt some one is rather then telling people what hp we are on. It is set so that all players can see the bar. (see below) As you can see in the image above, I can see the numbers in the bars of my character. But only the hp bars as a visual guids for my party. The issue i am encountering lies in the fact that when we add our druid to this script it force unchecks the see option for that bar, meaning his bar no longer appears. (See below) If we edit it so that it can be seen again, then re save it to the token, it is removed again the instant he uses the wildshape script. This occurs to each of his shapes. Again, i know that this script is no longer being updated, but i just thought i could drop this here and see if any one stillusing has a fix for this minor thing. Thanks
You need to update the default token of the api sheet that was created for each beast.  
Do you mean the origianl token of each or the new one that was created by the script? 
I dunno why your setup isn't working for you but I think it has to do with the original sheet.  I already show all bars to every player as I find the same situation applies to monsters health too, why waste time talking about how hurt a creature is....so I show all bars.  And since I do this I never have an issue with wildshape api.  I suspect your default npc sheets are set to hide.  I can't reproduce your problem, mine all show.  
DM Eddie said: I dunno why your setup isn't working for you but I think it has to do with the original sheet.  I already show all bars to every player as I find the same situation applies to monsters health too, why waste time talking about how hurt a creature is....so I show all bars.  And since I do this I never have an issue with wildshape api.  I suspect your default npc sheets are set to hide.  I can't reproduce your problem, mine all show.   Can you possibly take a screenshot of the settings you have enabled to do this by default please? 
hey dingo, you can edit line 782 in the setTokenBarValues to have true instead of false for "showplayers_" or delete that line altogether if you prefer setting things manually and not having the script override those settings
Angelo said: hey dingo, you can edit line 782 in the setTokenBarValues to have true instead of false for "showplayers_" or delete that line altogether if you prefer setting things manually and not having the script override those settings Awesome, thank you, i will give it a look.
Angelo said: hey dingo, you can edit line 782 in the setTokenBarValues to have true instead of false for "showplayers_" or delete that line altogether if you prefer setting things manually and not having the script override those settings You are a legend! Removing that one line of the script did exatly what i wanted! Thank you so much! This has taken me weeks of messing with! Solved my issue in about 30 seconds.
glad it helped, i can't support the script anymore since i don't have a pro subscription and i can't test things but i am still able to offer suggestions ;)
Angelo said: glad it helped, i can't support the script anymore since i don't have a pro subscription and i can't test things but i am still able to offer suggestions ;) If i knew more about scripting i would happily take it over, but unfortunatly i am a total pleb haha.