Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Whisper NPC stats to GM

Edited 1629027640
Hey guys, so I've modified the Star Wars Saga Edition Character Sheet a good bit, including having this as the basic attack roll template &{template:attack} {{name=@{WeaponName}}} {{type=@{WeaponName|max};}} {{atkeffect=@{WeaponNotes|max}}} {{attack=[[@{WeaponAttack} ]] }} {{damage=[[@{WeaponDamage}]]}} {{dmgcrit=[[(@{WeaponDamage})*@{WeaponCrit|max}[Critical Multiplier]]]}} {{Target: = @{Target|Token_Name} }} {{Target Ref:=[[@{Target|Reflex} - @{Target|bar3}]] (*FF* [[@{Target|ReflexFlatFooted} - @{Target|bar3}]] }} {{DT:=[[@{Target|DT} - @{Target|bar3}]] **DR:** [[@{Target|DR}]] **Immune:** @{Target|Immune} }} This way it prints out all the relevant NPC stats for me and I can more quickly tell the players the result of the attack without looking it up. What I'd like is for the macro to GM Whisper the appropriate stats, instead, without any of the players seeing the stats. Got any guidance? Thinking some sort of API like !attackstats <<target>> Or something. But I don't really know how to create  an API Script from scratch. I can modify existing ones with my knowledge, but creating is more difficult. 

Edited 1629029742
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you separate what you want the players to see from the gm, you can include both in the same macro, something like &{template:attack} {{name=@{WeaponName}}} {{stuff for players here}} /w GM &{template:attack} {{name=@{WeaponName}}} {{stufff to send to GM here}} As long as they are on separate lines, each will be treated independently. And if it's all meant to be sent to the GM, just stick /w GM at the start of your macro.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
both /w GM and /w gm works btw
Thank you both, the problem I run into, and I should have clarified, is that this macro is for the players to use as well, so when they /w GM they see the details too. That is the whole issue. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
There's a blindroll script, I think by that name, that lets players send messages to the GM and they dont see the contents. I think its in the one-click script repository.
Perfect!! Thank you!!
Here is the copy I use: Aaron was nice enough to modify it to accept inline rolls and text.  I use it with my character sheet so players roll but only I see what it is. // !broll 1d20+3 --Some text that shows up with the roll on("chat:message", function(msg) { var cmdName = "!broll "; var msgTxt = msg.content; var msgWho = msg.who; var msgArgs = msgTxt.slice(cmdName.length).split(/\s+--/); if(msg.type == "api" && msgTxt.indexOf(cmdName) !== -1) { sendChat(msgWho, `/w gm [[${msgArgs[0]}]]${msgArgs.length>1?` ${msgArgs[1]}`:''}`); sendChat(msgWho, `/w "${msgWho}" secret roll sent to GM ( ${msgArgs[0]} )${msgArgs.length>1?` [${msgArgs[1]}]`:''}`); }; }); Hope this helps.
Erich S. said: Here is the copy I use: Aaron was nice enough to modify it to accept inline rolls and text.  I use it with my character sheet so players roll but only I see what it is. // !broll 1d20+3 --Some text that shows up with the roll on("chat:message", function(msg) { var cmdName = "!broll "; var msgTxt = msg.content; var msgWho = msg.who; var msgArgs = msgTxt.slice(cmdName.length).split(/\s+--/); if(msg.type == "api" && msgTxt.indexOf(cmdName) !== -1) { sendChat(msgWho, `/w gm [[${msgArgs[0]}]]${msgArgs.length>1?` ${msgArgs[1]}`:''}`); sendChat(msgWho, `/w "${msgWho}" secret roll sent to GM ( ${msgArgs[0]} )${msgArgs.length>1?` [${msgArgs[1]}]`:''}`); }; }); Hope this helps. Thank you, it doesn't seem to work for me, I'll try to suss it out.