Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Setting Token Bar Text Overlays via API

For the 3 token bars, you have the option to set the text overlay visibility through the UI, is this possible via the API?  I have not seen it in the api docs or in TokenMod?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I don't see it in token-mod's docs either, but you can set the bars to "Compact" which will hide the text overlay. Either of these should work: !token-mod --set compact_bar|compact !token-mod --set compact_bar|on
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yeah, those were only recently exposed to the api (maybe a couple months ago?), so some documentation might be behind. 
Thanks both, I'm actually looking to do the opposite and set the text overlay to player visible so without knowing what the property is to set I'm a bit snookered.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Oh, if you mean the token's nameplate and/or current bar values? That is set with the showplayers_XXXX properties, as described here . !token-mod --set showplayers_name|true !token-mod --set showplayers_bar1|true If you mean the text drawing tool, I'm not aware of a way to change visibility.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Christian is talking about the numerical overlay on token bars, which can be set graphically, but has not been exposed to the API. At least insofar as either of us can see from the API Objects page ( Wiki , Help Center ).
KeithCurtis is completely on the Money. Also not visible by grabbing a token with the values changes and JSON.stringify()ing it to have a look at the properties.