Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Visible HP bars that aren't the exact width of the token.

I'd like to have a 5x5 enemy with a token that is only, say, 3 squares wide. One of the best ways to do this would be to have an invisible secondary token overlaid over the top of the first one, and moving then both together at once. But I don't want to have to click and drag an entire area to select both tokens each time - is there an API that will allow me to force a second token to remain overlaid on top of one automatically, or one that would allow hp bars to be resized on an individual token basis?
You could use the  TokenCondition Script.
Check out the Carry tokens script in the one-click

Edited 1630019137
Good suggestions, thanks! But after testing both... Carry Tokens is neat, but not reliable, and often sticks the hp bar randomly in the middle of the other token after they're moved. TokenCondition struggles when you have a dozen enemies on the battlemap, all with their own attached bar.
why not just use a image program and make a token 5 by 5, make the back ground transparent and the add you token in the middle? Skould be eay enough to make a 350 x 350 pixel canvas to hold you image?

Edited 1630536767
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
I am not sure by the description whether you have a 5x5 image that you want to only occupy a 3x3 space in game terms or a 3x3 image that you want to have represent a 5x5 creature, but if you want the token to occupy a space in game terms that is different than what is represented by the image, the solution is the same. You can have the token emit a round or square aura that shows the amount of space the token occupies in game terms while allowing the image to be a different size. Here the dragon's image is 5x5 squares. The squares are the default 5 feet by 5 feet. The aura is defined in the unit of measure of the page. So a -5 square aura gives this. N.B. If tokens need to be adjacent to the aura to attack (such as a 5-foot reach in D&D), you will have tokens overlapping each the big token and might need to right click the large token and select "Send to Back" to be able to select smaller tokens again. You can take this the other way as well. A 3x3 image with a 5 aura would give a 5x5 square aura. Essentially, the dragon would occupy a larger area in game terms than what is represented by the image. It's not an API solution, but I am not sure an API solution was necessary here.