Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I can't seem to add modifiers

I've done it dozens of times before, I've C/P what others have put in various forums, FAQs, etc. checked for any tiny spacing/placement errors, and NOTHING!!! I've managed to get @{level} to work, and add the TOTAL ability score, just can't get the modifier for some reason lately!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The syntax can be different depending on where you are using it. Can you post the entire macro and where you are using it? Also, if you are using the attribute call into a character sheet field, its behavior can vary by field and by sheet design. Some fields can take formulas, some can only take text or integers.
this is happening on two different sheets, as stated, @{level} works just fine, and I've tried putting it in different areas, wherever it'll show up...some just have "notes"  this is on Pathfinder sheets
I've tried @{int_mod} @{int-mod} @{intelligence_mod} and - I've tried in (), using caps and lower case
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Finguine said: this is on Pathfinder sheets You are going to need to be specific on which sheet you are using, since attributes aren't necessarily the same between them. Pathfinder (simple) Pathfinder (legacy layout) Pathfinder (community) Pathfinder by Roll20 Pathfinder 2nd Edition by Roll20 And there is still keithcurtis' question on how and where you are trying to use the attributes.
I believe the issue is happening on simple and community, possibly the 2E too
keithcurtis said: The syntax can be different depending on where you are using it. Can you post the entire macro and where you are using it? Also, if you are using the attribute call into a character sheet field, its behavior can vary by field and by sheet design. Some fields can take formulas, some can only take text or integers. Kraynic said: You are going to need to be specific on which sheet you are using, since attributes aren't necessarily the same between them. Finguine said: I've done it dozens of times before, I've C/P what others have put in various forums, FAQs, etc. checked for any tiny spacing/placement errors, and NOTHING!!! I've managed to get @{level} to work, and add the TOTAL ability score, just can't get the modifier for some reason lately! It's impossible to help you without more direct, specific information, and the full macro you are trying to use. Something like: I'm playing D&D 5th Edition using the D&D 5E by Roll20 character sheet.  The macro that I'm trying to use but doesn't work is this: &{template:default} {{name=FATE POINT TAKEN}}{{character=@{selected|token_name}}}{{Because=?{Because...}}} {{Fate=Point Taken [[1d1 &{tracker:-}]]
I seem to have PLACEMENT correct, as @{level} and others WORK, just not modifier or can someone explain why @{level} WORKS but NOT @{int_mod) or other variations?

Edited 1630132885
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Finguine said: I seem to have PLACEMENT correct, as @{level} and others WORK, just not modifier or can someone explain why @{level} WORKS but NOT @{int_mod) or other variations? If you hover a field on the sheet(most sheets), you will get some title/hover text that gives the attribute name for that field. My mouse pointer(not seen in screen shot) is hovering over the Int mod field. So on the PF1e by roll20 sheet, it looks like you can use "@{intelligence_mod}"  
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Just as an insight, the reason we ask these questions is that character sheets are a custom interface for each system, built from the ground up. Every author is going to choose an attribute naming system that works best for the system they are developing for. So every sheet is going to have different attribute names. Also, some authors might define some attributes as only accepting some types of information: text, integers, etc. So a formula might work in one, but only a number in another.
vÍnce said: If you hover a field on the sheet(most sheets), you will get some title/hover text that gives the attribute name for that field. My mouse pointer(not seen in screen shot) is hovering over the Int mod field. So on the PF1e by roll20 sheet, it looks like you can use "@{intelligence_mod}"   Thank you for actually answering the question, and in a way I can use on EVERY/ANY sheet, in case it's different for that sheet
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Finguine said: Thank you for actually answering the question, and in a way I can use on EVERY/ANY sheet, in case it's different for that sheet Not every sheet shows the attribute on hover, which is why it is still important to specify exactly which sheet you are using.  Things showing on hover have to be written into the sheet by the sheet author, and not all do that.