Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API Error

Hello all, I have been using APIs for a while now, but recently I keep getting an error that disables my scripts. The error message generated is "Possible infinite loop detected, shutting down." This issue is usually resolved by restarting the sandbox, but sometimes it happens multiple times per 4 hour campaign sessions. I'm not sure which API is causing the issue as I do have nine APIs for my game. Any help would be greatly appreciated! "SyntaxError: Unexpected token '.' at eval (<anonymous>) at messageHandler (evalmachine.<anonymous>:713:6) at process.<anonymous> (/home/node/d20-api-server/node_modules/tiny-worker/lib/worker.js:65:55) at process.emit (events.js:310:20) at emit (internal/child_process.js:876:12) at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:85:21)"
Experienced same issues a few hours before a game on Sunday. Then the problem went away on its own. While checking some maps this morning, the problem came back. But when I checked just now everything is A-OK. Strange behavior and I haven't changed anything on my end.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
The unexpected token error is coming from the 5E sheet, I believe. Many people have noted it, but it doesn't interfere with your sandbox, so it's fine to wait until Roll20 releases a fix for that. The possible infinite loop, though, is another animal. What scripts do you have, and when does the error happen? You mentioned that it happens during a session, but it also sounds like it happens between sessions? When it happens in a session, what are you doing? Are you sending a particular macro through? Adding a token? The short answer is that you might need to shut off the scripts one at a time until you isolate the culprit, but if you share a little more information, someone might be able to help you.
timmaugh said: The unexpected token error is coming from the 5E sheet, I believe. Many people have noted it, but it doesn't interfere with your sandbox, so it's fine to wait until Roll20 releases a fix for that. The possible infinite loop, though, is another animal. What scripts do you have, and when does the error happen? You mentioned that it happens during a session, but it also sounds like it happens between sessions? When it happens in a session, what are you doing? Are you sending a particular macro through? Adding a token? The short answer is that you might need to shut off the scripts one at a time until you isolate the culprit, but if you share a little more information, someone might be able to help you. Hi Tim, Firstly, thanks for the reply. I will do my best to provide any information I can, but fair warning I am relatively inexperienced when it comes to coding, debugging, etc (but am happy to learn). I currently run GroupInitiative, GroupCheck, Apply Damage, StatusInfo, Turn Marker, Concentration, 5th Edition OGL by Roll20 Companion, TokenMod, Aura/Tint HealthColors, and 5E Resting in Style. Usually, when I launch the game all scripts seem to be working fine. I will have to pay more attention to exactly when the scripts stop working and what I was doing, as I feel it takes me a few minutes to realize what has happened. I do not believe this happens between sessions, or if it does I have not noticed it. I will start the process of trying to go one by one and seeing where that takes me. Let me know if there is any other information that may be needed and I will be happy to provide it!