Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Hiding the result of a GM roll to the initiating player?

Is there a way for a player to do a roll to GM that is hidden for the player that does the roll?  It's for situations where the player is not supposed to know the result of a dice roll, but still be able to roll it themself. The way I've done it is to make someone roll a i.e. 1d100 + 200d4 so that to view the relevant result you need to scroll up - which techincally works, if there is no proper way of doing it. 

Edited 1630507329
Unfortunately there's no built-in way to do hidden or 'blind' rolls. 1. If you have a Pro subscription, you could use an API script to make blind rolls. 2. As GM, you could just roll for the player.  In addition, you could include a message that tells the players you are rolling: /em rolls behind the screen... /gmroll ?{How many Dice?}d{What size Dice?|4|6|8|10|12|20} 3. You can use the Stylus extension with a custom macro so that your player rolls but it is only visible in chat to you.  This takes a little setup, and there's the caveat is that it will still show up in the html for any savvy players who want to inspect the source code while playing and go through the trouble to see the roll.
That's fair enough, it's a bit of a niche mechanic. I'm looking for this function because I'm not a fan of rolling hidden rolls for my Players. Some times the hidden rolls can have a big impact on things in game and if they themself do the roll I feel like they at least had a hand in their own fate. I'm not worried my players will inspect source code, we all enjoy a little secrecy in our games. So I'll definitely check out that Stylus extension thing, appreciate the help.
Thanks for answer, was looking for the same thing, guess ill bite bullet and upgrade to pro when i can