Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

More hidden sections for handouts!

Score + 18
The general suggestion is that in a handout you could add more hidden sections like the current gm notes. You would be able to add and give individual permissions to players for each section just as you would a handout. This way, as an example, you could have a handout describing a certain person or place. There is the general knowledge that it is okay for everyone to see and know, then the gm notes only for the gm, but in addition the you could add extra sections to give particular players extra insights or knowledge. Those whose backgrounds give them additional information that the rest of the group wouldnt know. The upside of this would be not having individual messy handouts for that information. It would be organized under the relevant topic/place. Would do wonders for organization and ease of access for player and gm. 
I could also see this being implemented fairly easy since there is a gm only section within handouts already. 
Definitely this!
Would certainly cut down clutter compared to the alternative of making folders with PC-specific handouts for their specific knowledge. This sounds nicely condensed. Helps with notes too in case someone forgets to mark down certain details that may be relevant.
Such a good idea, and I can already identify several situations in my games where this would have been useful, either for character with more insight on a situation, but also for handouts who are in several parts, allowing me to reveal them in sequence instead of at once.
Exactly! 
Ren
Plus
Marketplace Creator
This! +1